Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theRAMman

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 6, 2012
The Moon.
I know this isn't really the right place, but they just ignored my plea for help at the applications section.

I need a screen recorder that can capture computer audio and microphone input audio (which is why I can't use quicktime) Ive looked at a couple of options but there isn't much info on the subject. Preferably it would be free, but I don't mind paying as long as its reasonable. Any help appreciated :D

kohlson

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2010
If you want free, check out Techsmith Jing. Free for first 5 minutes, though I think they watermark it.

If you really want free, use QT to capture screen, and something like Audacity to capture audio. Then sync....

But if you can swing it, either Camtasia:Mac or Screenflow work really well. If you're a student they have edu pricing, too.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
I don't know if this will help but I use Wondershare All my Music to record my streaming Rhapsody. They have a free trial period. Not sure if it can take an external input. I am very happy with the program

theRAMman

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 6, 2012
The Moon.
Thanks for the quick help, but wow, this sort of this doesn't come cheap! I never thought of recording audio separately either! Thanks for all the help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.