Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cynics

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
This is an annoying issue. I have my email alert tone set to calypso.

ydurutyq.jpg

However I'd guess 75% of the time I get the default "Ding" sound. The other 25% I get the calypso tone. I'm using the stock email app with 3 different address and they all seem hit or miss.

Any ideas? I've tried turning it back to default and back and have reset the phone (4S) holding power + home.

cynics

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
Hmm...kind of stupid of me not to try that....I'll see what happens, thanks...

cynics

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
Well, I changed the email alert tone to "alert" and its been 100% perfect over the week I tested it. I'm going to change it back to calypso to see if the problem comes back.

----------

I have had the same issue. Read here for more info.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1516265/

Thanks for the link. This is so user unfriendly, I hate redundant settings.

So I went to notifications > mail and one of my email accounts was "ding" even though sound > new mail was set to calypso. The other 2 email accounts were calypso. I think that was my problem. I'll test it out, thanks again.

jf1450

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2012
Hey Sam, rude of me to not follow up in the other post you linked to. Your suggestion helped us out also. Thanks!

Jeff

cynics

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
Hmm well it didn't work. I have everything set to calypso and its still doing the default ding (I resorted to emailing myself to check it). Guess its just some weird bug with that tone and my phone. Really not that big of a deal I'm actually tired of messing with something so insignificant lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.