Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Jan 1, 2013, 01:22 PM   #1
Kauai
macrumors 6502

Screen Discolored

GPU problem? Screen impacted? All I know is that I went to bed last night with my computer perfectly fine, and I wake up to this.

I'd take it in since it's still within warranty; but a few months ago (like 8) I did spill some coffee on it. Just some though and it was on the complete other side of the computer...Could that be the problem all the way now? Or is it likely something else? I'd just like to know what the heck makes this happen out of nowhere.

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/...psf494fc02.jpg

Thanks.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 01:27 PM   #2
simsaladimbamba

It looks like a crack, you need a new display. Depending on how this crack was created, you might get a free repair or have to pay for it.
Thumb resize.
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 01:38 PM   #3
Kauai
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsaladimbamba View Post
It looks like a crack, you need a new display. Depending on how this crack was created, you might get a free repair or have to pay for it.
Thumb resize.
Like I said, went to bed (sliding it under my bed, like usual) and then I wake up and this is how it is. There's not even any indents on the back or anything... Any ways, thanks, I'll look into it.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air