Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katdaddy1999

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
I just purchased an Airport Express and I am trying to set up one specific folder that can I can share to a friend logging in from a different network. I had it set up and working flawlessly using with the old Linksys router that I just replaced, but cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to configure this setup now that I am using the Airport Express.

I am using an iMac running Mountain Lion and my friend is using a Macbook running Lion.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! THanks!

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
The Airport Express USB port is NOT for disks, just printers. You need an Airport Extreme or another router with a shareable USB2 port on it. Then in that router you have to enable the sharing of the connected disks.

katdaddy1999

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
The Airport Express USB port is NOT for disks, just printers. You need an Airport Extreme or another router with a shareable USB2 port on it. Then in that router you have to enable the sharing of the connected disks.

I'm sorry, I didn't explain well enough. The folder that I am trying to share is on the desktop of my iMac. I am not trying to directly connect any computer or external hard drive to the Airport.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.