Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jan 2, 2013, 02:27 PM   #126
ThisIsNotMe
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdonath View Post
I know all about RedRay.
It isn't even available yet therefore cannot be included in this discussion.
ThisIsNotMe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 02:38 PM   #127
ctdonath
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsNotMe View Post
I know all about RedRay.
It isn't even available yet therefore cannot be included in this discussion.
We're discussing a new TV which isn't even available. Both it and RedRay should be available around the same time; 4K content is available and accumulating.

The same arguments were had re: HDTV and BluRay, both appeared about the same time, sufficient content soon followed, and now they're the norm.
ctdonath is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 02:45 PM   #128
entatlrg
macrumors Demi-God

The funniest part here is the suggestion that Samsung makes good TVs. In fact they do not.

Their planned obsolescence is short, the quality is not there, and really the screens aren't that great.

Makes me happy because I'll never buy any of their garbage that carries a Samsung logo.
entatlrg is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 03:00 PM   #129
Renzatic
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by entatlrg View Post
The funniest part here is the suggestion that Samsung makes good TVs. In fact they do not.
Oh, really now? All this time I thought their high end TVs are fairly well regarded.

Quote:
Their planned obsolescence is short, the quality is not there, and really the screens aren't that great.
How do you plan obsolescence in a TV? As long as it turns on and you can hook things up to it, it'll basically last as long as the LED backlights keep burning.

This is one thing I can't stand about some certain overly enthusiastic tech people. I'm sure some of you had nothing but great things to say about Samsung and their products up until the point they became competitors with Apple. Now they're "garbage". It's like in your mind you're only allowed to like one company. Anything else has to fall short otherwise you feel like you're not doing your due for the good of the company.

Last edited by Renzatic; Jan 2, 2013 at 03:13 PM.
Renzatic is online now   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 03:19 PM   #130
samcraig
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
This is one thing I can't stand about some certain overly enthusiastic tech people. I'm sure some of you had nothing but great things to say about Samsung and their products up until the point they became competitors with Apple. Now they're "garbage". It's like in your mind you're only allowed to like one company. Anything else has to fall short otherwise you feel like you're not doing your due for the good of the company.
They might stop receiving hot pockets

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlez View Post
[/COLOR]

may I remind you of the obvious.

Apple pay samsung to have the hardware inside their design.
Samsung don't pay Apple royalties to use Apple design for their hardware.

got it? I hope so. There is no simpler way to put it.[COLOR="#808080"]

----------
What does that have to do with anything I wrote? Maybe you should let the person I responded to reply instead?
samcraig is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 03:22 PM   #131
Renzatic
macrumors 604

Holy crap! Apple gives out hot pockets, too?

Hell, I'm going over to XDA to call a bunch of people stupid then!
Renzatic is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 05:37 PM   #132
louis.b
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcraig View Post
So you hate it because they copy but when they don't you still hate them and want to encourage them to copy?

Makes a lot of sense

Do you hate the parts inside your iPhone that are made by Samsung. Oh what a quandary!
This gets a bit old. Can you tell me what part of my iphone5 is made by Samsung. I can think of the processor, but it's designed by Apple and Samsung's only contracted to manufacture it. The screen, which is of utmost importance to me, is made by LG. The camera is from Sony. The design of the hardware is obviously made by Apple itself. SO please enlighten me on what part of my iphne5 is made by Samsung.

And I hate Samsung too.
louis.b is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 06:25 PM   #133
john-d
macrumors newbie

+4 paths in the original file:
john-d is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 07:28 PM   #134
bwillwall
macrumors 6502a

Haha that ad was horrible
bwillwall is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 11:07 AM   #135
ThisIsNotMe
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdonath View Post
We're discussing a new TV which isn't even available. Both it and RedRay should be available around the same time; 4K content is available and accumulating.

The same arguments were had re: HDTV and BluRay, both appeared about the same time, sufficient content soon followed, and now they're the norm.
Difference being there was a federally mandated broadcast standard for HDTV. No such standard exist for 4k and until that happens it will be a niche product even with RedRay/ect.
ThisIsNotMe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 11:43 PM   #136
! V !
macrumors 6502a

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, however the tree in one promo references an Organic object as in OLED or Transparent display and the other AD with all the LCD/LED TV are heading to see the 4K TV showcased.

Samsung references
http://www.samsung.com/us/news/20312

http://www.androidfamily.net/2012/08...ally-launched/
Cheers.

Last edited by ! V !; Jan 3, 2013 at 11:50 PM.
! V ! is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 08:48 AM   #137
Jprice02
macrumors newbie

Picture in Picture

The Still ad looks like a picture within a picture. Could there be some kind of new PIP function? Just throwing it out there
Jprice02 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 09:03 AM   #138
johnnyturbouk
macrumors 65816

Are they just waiting for apple to release their tv so they can just jack the design?

Begone the TV clone wars lol
Old Jan 4, 2013, 11:37 AM   #139
SmileyBlast!
macrumors 6502a

The new shape makes a lot of sense...

Finally a TV that takes into account how lazy we are. You can watch it laying on your side.
SmileyBlast! is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 06:48 PM   #140
albusseverus
macrumors 6502a

It's a portrait television for all those portrait videos smart phone owners insist on taking. Sigh!
albusseverus is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 08:47 PM   #141
dazed
macrumors 6502a

Quote:

Makes me happy because I'll never buy any of their garbage that carries a Samsung logo.
They make very good tvs, especially Plasma. I think you have Apple blindness. It's very common on here.
dazed is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:00 AM   #142
CWallace
macrumors Demi-God

It may be unprecedented in shape, but I do agree with Jim Dalrymple in that I do not find it very aesthetically appealing: http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/07/s...tra-hd-UN85S9/
CWallace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:02 AM   #143
blueroom
macrumors 603

Quote:

What brand do you buy?
blueroom is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 08:39 PM   #144
BSben
macrumors 6502

Well, it looks like Samsung's new TV did not really live up to the hype.
If 3D did not make it due to the 3D goggles, do they really think wearing goggles and headphones to watch two different channels at the same time will take off? It also would require cable or satellite boxes to support this.
Given that there are countless different providers in different countries this is not likely to happen in the near future.
There is a good reason Apple's TV is not out yet, and there is a chance it never will.
BSben is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion