Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jan 2, 2013, 06:35 AM   #101
Unami
macrumors regular

still not working on jan 2nd
Unami is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 07:02 AM   #102
aardwolf
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unami View Post
I didn't notice anything wrong with it yesterday on the 1st (because I was sleeping in), but it's officially on two minutes after it should have turned itself off on the 2nd.
aardwolf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 07:12 AM   #103
Bezetos
macrumors 6502a

Why is Apple wasting so much money promoting such insignificant features that have already been available on other platforms for years? Will I be going too far by saying that Apple are starting to have little to say for themselves these days?
Bezetos is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 07:49 AM   #104
AFDoc
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwill View Post
Are they trying to make them look white with all that makeup?
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foidulus View Post
So basically I should just be happy with the fact that I paid Apple money, money by the way that DOESNT have bugs, and in turn get a buggy product?.
No... you grow up and reboot your phone and reset DND. It's not rocket science. OR take the phone back and get your money back. IF this is can't be done then sell it and move on with your life. If the iPhone isn't meeting your expectations stop whining about it and do something about it.

Last edited by AFDoc; Jan 2, 2013 at 07:55 AM.
AFDoc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 08:18 AM   #105
DJTJ
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardwolf View Post
I didn't notice anything wrong with it yesterday on the 1st (because I was sleeping in), but it's officially on two minutes after it should have turned itself off on the 2nd.
same here.. thought it was weird that by 8:30 my phone had not gone off once... checked it, yep, dnd was still on
iPad2 16GB Wi-Fi
DJTJ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 08:21 AM   #106
spazzcat
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncrab View Post
What bug? I mean, did anyone actually experience it? I didn't.
I did, but I wasn't too unhappy about it seeing how I stayed up way later then I planned.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unami View Post
Did you turn it off manually on the 1st? Mine worked fine today.
spazzcat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 08:23 AM   #107
doctor-don
macrumors 6502a

No problems with my iPad (new - 2012).

Makes me wonder whether all the detractors have iPad or iPhones or are they simply trying to start the new year in the same old vein as trolls.
doctor-don is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 08:31 AM   #108
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwill View Post
Are they trying to make them look white with all that makeup?
You're a class act buddy.

I don't know if I did something and didn't notice, but my DND never turned on. As for it turning off, I never noticed but I was sleeping late.
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 08:50 AM   #109
jpadhiyar
macrumors member

In all probability, this is the best irony of this year. Hey doesn't this look like a prank they played on all of us for the new year?

Let's look for patterns next year
Old Jan 2, 2013, 09:17 AM   #110
ghostface147
macrumors 65816

I was wondering why DND was turned on at 10 am for me.
ghostface147 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 09:28 AM   #111
Moorepheus
macrumors member

Well, it's hit my phone. My phone is in do not disturb mode and the only way to turn it off is to turn it off...lol

Also, I agree with other posters that state this has been around for years, and it has, in fact, I had a Sony Erricson that had it way before the iPhone was a dream. I was hoping this day would come with the iPhone and when iOS 6 came out, it came true, but it only took them how many years to add it.

My question how is, what is Apple going to do to fix the iOS devices that do have this issue? I Missed 2 calls this morning just beause of this issue.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFDoc View Post
Really?

No... you grow up and reboot your phone and reset DND. It's not rocket science. OR take the phone back and get your money back. IF this is can't be done then sell it and move on with your life. If the iPhone isn't meeting your expectations stop whining about it and do something about it.

I did all of that and I still have the problem. Why is it that when apple releases software with a bug in it, eveyone is ready to defend them. But if anyone release software with a bug, they are a bad company. Don't get me wrong, I love my iPhone, but come on, let's not have a double standard here.
Moorepheus is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 09:35 AM   #112
nitropowered
macrumors regular

DND doesn't turn on for me either. I also tried turning off the schedule and creating a new one but doesn't turn on. iPhone 5 on 6.0.0
nitropowered is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 09:51 AM   #113
hayesk
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozen220 View Post
Completely gone. Every single one and every folder.
I encountered that bug in iOS 6.0. Kill Safari (using the app switcher), and restart and your bookmarks should re-appear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootingrubber View Post
I did not think that this feature was big enough to warrant an entire ad being made about it...
The competition doesn't think so either. But then the average person sees the ad and thinks "Hey, that is neat! I've never heard of any other phone doing that" and Apple gets another sale.
hayesk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 10:18 AM   #114
Kaibelf
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by inscrewtable View Post
I'm stunned at the banality of this ad.
Banality? That's as shallow and pedantic as Lois Griffin's meatloaf.
Kaibelf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 10:40 AM   #115
MuddyPaws1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ruben View Post

What a lot of you are forgetting (or simply dont know) is that a little glitch like that is standard on an Android device (trust me I set up two for family members over the festive period, my girlfriend has an Android, and I peviously owned a SGSII). A normal random everyday occurrence. Hmmm so and so has stopped working, lets reboot/remove the battery etc.
It is not.
MuddyPaws1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 10:50 AM   #116
skepticus
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Not only did it manifest on my 5, it continues to. The scheduling is useless. I have to turn it off to disable it.
skepticus is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 10:54 AM   #117
nazaar
macrumors 6502

uber epic fail... on both my iPad mini and iPhone.

Bad Apple!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.PNG
Views:	7
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	387406   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	7
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	387407  
nazaar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:00 AM   #118
nazaar
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFDoc View Post
Really?

troll much?

This is a software issue / bug... it's obvious that Apple should fix a defective product. I didn't pay my hard earned $ to get defective feature / product.

If something is wrong people have a right to complain.
nazaar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:12 AM   #119
Foxykhat
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNGum View Post
In the original version of this ad, Venus pulls out through exhaustion.
Are you a two year old? Making fun at someone illness is beyond childish.

Funny thing is people act like bullying only happens in school when sites such as these are fully of bullies who hide behind a monitor and keyboard.

Foxy
Foxykhat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:23 AM   #120
Foxykhat
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chr1s60 View Post
Why would they choose a classless athlete like Serena Williams for their ad? Horrible choice.
Yet people never complain when Jennifer Capriati, Martina Hingis, John McInroe, Andy Roddick et al got ads.

Oh the Irony!!

Oh wait, never mind.

Foxy
Foxykhat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:25 AM   #121
Hidesuru
macrumors newbie

Quote:
I didn't know it until I saw the Macrumors article and checked, but yup. My phone was still on DND 2 hours after it was scheduled to turn off. Turned it off manually and it went back to "Schedule to come on at 00:00". Hard to tell if it will stick on again tomorrow yet.
Hidesuru is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:28 AM   #122
PFox78
macrumors newbie

Fix

Hi all,

I have been a long-time lurker, but decided to jump in now in 2013.

I have found a fix for this bug! This is what you need to do:

-Go under notifications, turn off "Scheduled" DND.
-Go back to Settings, turn on DND.
-Go back into notifications, turn on "Scheduled" DND.
-Go back to settings, turn off DND. You'll notice that right under the Moon/Do Not Disturb logo there will be a lightly grayed out "Scheduled: 12:00 am" for example.

And, that's that. Give it a shot. It worked on both my iPad and iPhone.
PFox78 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:32 AM   #123
Hidesuru
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyPaws1 View Post
It is not.
Then you either have not used 'droid or had a very rare experience.

I love android, and have used it since the original Moto droid came out (I know it wasnt the first android phone, just clarifying which one I mean). It has many advantages over the iPhone, but it also has its drawbacks. The bugginess and UI lag are the most glaring drawbacks IMHO.

I moved to iphone because I got tired of this stuff and wanted a more seamless user experience. I hate many things about Apple and specifically their walled garden, but darn if I don't have to admit it does offer the primary thing I was looking for. A good user experience at the day to day level.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFox78 View Post
Hi all,

I have been a long-time lurker, but decided to jump in now in 2013.

I have found a fix for this bug! This is what you need to do:

-Go under notifications, turn off "Scheduled" DND.
-Go back to Settings, turn on DND.
-Go back into notifications, turn on "Scheduled" DND.
-Go back to settings, turn off DND. You'll notice that right under the Moon/Do Not Disturb logo there will be a lightly grayed out "Scheduled: 12:00 am" for example.

And, that's that. Give it a shot. It worked on both my iPad and iPhone.
Did you verify this actually turns off as intended the next day? I got the same grey text affect by doing nothing more than just turning DND off...
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:35 AM   #124
PFox78
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidesuru View Post
Did you verify this actually turns off as intended the next day? I got the same grey text affect by doing nothing more than just turning DND off...
No, I have not verified. Just tried it now. I guess we'll have to see. Surely, Apple will have to release 6.0.3 or something to ensure it gets fixed all around.
PFox78 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:40 AM   #125
Hidesuru
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekstud View Post
What a butt awful commercial for Apple- to highlight a feature very few will ever use? You can power down the phone or shut the ringer off. And the Williams sisters pushing Apple tech? Bizarre. Fandroids must be in ecstasy.
I think its a very handy feature that many people use. Problem is, if you turn the ringer or phone off, EVERYTHING stops coming in (effectively at least in the case of the ringer). DND lets you do things like let your favorites get through, or allow anyone to get through if they call twice in a certain time span. This lets important things through, but filters the rest.

To me that's gold. I set it to be on when I sleep, so if some family emergency comes up in the middle of the night, I am still available, but every stinking e-mail doesn't ding to keep me awake.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion