Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:02 PM   #1
mdehoogh
macrumors member

horizontal scroll bar

I've noticed that the horizontal scroll bar often appears in the middle of the screen rather than on the bottom edge where it should be. I've noticed it mainly in safari and imessage. The scroll bar moved up the page when keyboard shows up and it seems to stay in the same position even if the keyboard is gone.

Anyone else notice this yet? I can post pics if anyone is curious.
mdehoogh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 01:39 AM   #2
WhiteIphone5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdehoogh View Post
I've noticed that the horizontal scroll bar often appears in the middle of the screen rather than on the bottom edge where it should be. I've noticed it mainly in safari and imessage. The scroll bar moved up the page when keyboard shows up and it seems to stay in the same position even if the keyboard is gone.

Please do.
WhiteIphone5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 01:45 AM   #3
inselstudent
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdehoogh View Post

I'd noticed that as early as in the 6.0 betas
inselstudent is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 01:54 AM   #4
mdehoogh
macrumors member

Here's an example. If you zoom in on something and bring the keyboard up, the scroll bar moves just above the keyboard. It seems to stay there even when the keyboard is gone. I only notice it if I've used the split keyboard recently.

mdehoogh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 01:43 AM   #5
dustinrwh
macrumors newbie

I was dealing with this same issue an my iPad Mini. Here's what I did yesterday and I haven't seen the problem since:

1) Go to Settings >> Safari

2) Turn on Private Browsing

3) Clear Cookies & Data

I cannot guarantee this will always solve the problem, but it has worked for me.

Let me know if that works for anyone else
dustinrwh is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad