Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sbb155

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 15, 2005
I just gave up my iphone for my note 2. It is with ATT. I have several questions.
1. How do i set up visual voicemail?
2. How do i transfer music to the SD card? I want to transfer from itunes
3. AS far as apps, do i get those from my computer accessing google play, or do i access google play from the phone? I would rather use my computer.
4. I have not plugged the phone into my computer yet. For the iphone, this is done all the time to sync. The note 2 hasnt asked me to pluginto my mac. DO i do this, and for what purpose?
thanks

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
2. Easiest 2 ways I know of and have tried myself is use a memory card reader and plug into your computer and drag and drop or use AirDroid to wireless drag and drop files.

3. Yes you can go to https://play.google.com/store and remotely install apps to any devices linked to your Google account or just install them directly on your phone through the Play Store app.

CaleM3

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2011
I just gave up my iphone for my note 2. It is with ATT. I have several questions.
1. How do i set up visual voicemail?
3. AS far as apps, do i get those from my computer accessing google play, or do i access google play from the phone? I would rather use my computer.
4. I have not plugged the phone into my computer yet. For the iphone, this is done all the time to sync. The note 2 hasnt asked me to pluginto my mac. DO i do this, and for what purpose?
thanks

1. Search the Play Store for AT&T Visual Voicemail.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
4. Transferring files. There maybe some proprietary Samsung software for syncing if that interest you.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
4. Transferring files. There maybe some proprietary Samsung software for syncing if that interest you.

Kies. I never bothered using it. I also tried Android File Transfer but I don't know if that works with Samsung based ROMs or not.

steviewhy

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
Kies. I never bothered using it. I also tried Android File Transfer but I don't know if that works with Samsung based ROMs or not.

Android File Transfer does work with the Note II provided that Kies is not installed. That's how I currently transfer files on my Mac. Not a fan of Kies myself.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination

You can use Google Play Music to send up to 20,000 songs to the cloud. They will be synced to your Note and any other device connected to your Google account. It's free and I've had no problems with it so far.

If you are looking for the best paid app available then I've been recommended and recommend iSyncr. Also flawless.

p.s. both options allow you to keep and create playlists and smart playlists and keep play counts.

Both.

thanks

You don't need to ever, but you can. Your phone will work like a flash drive.

On a side note, one of the best things about that phone (besides everything) is the SD card slot. You can get up 96GBs that you can use for anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.