Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jan 1, 2013, 06:48 PM   #126
irDigital0l

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS82712 View Post
That's nice honey, but the other 95% of iPhone owners pay way more than that
Umm...lol I just answered your previous question.

Sorry, if you tried to question if my plan was legitimate and it turned out it was?

Haha

Quote:
Stop making bold assumptions to suppor your flawed arguments
*support (use that spell check tool buddy)

They're not entirely bold when the prices are right up on Apple's website.

Also liking your posts won't make them better
irDigital0l is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 06:48 PM   #127
nitemare
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechieGeek View Post
Switch to Android The Galaxy S3 already has number 1, 2, apps for 3, 4, 6 (Google Translate), 7 (I thought this was the dumbest Android feature but its actually very useful!), 10, 11, 12 (integration with ANYTHING! Even Kik or Circle or anything!), 15, and [maybe 16].
number 3 is just plain not needed with SIRI. one can text completely hands free by using it. SIRI will read, re-read, text, send, and even call any one or number you want.
nitemare is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 06:52 PM   #128
Virinprew
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by akatsuki View Post
I can honestly say I want almost none of these.

Last edited by Virinprew; Jan 1, 2013 at 08:31 PM.
Virinprew is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 06:55 PM   #129
TechieGeek
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitemare View Post
number 3 is just plain not needed with SIRI. one can text completely hands free by using it. SIRI will read, re-read, text, send, and even call any one or number you want.
What I love about Siri that Google Now doesn't do yet is the ability to use it without unlocking the phone
TechieGeek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 06:56 PM   #130
blackcrayon
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechieGeek View Post
Switch to Android The Galaxy S3 already has number 1, 2, apps for 3, 4, 6 (Google Translate), 7 (I thought this was the dumbest Android feature but its actually very useful!), 10, 11, 12 (integration with ANYTHING! Even Kik or Circle or anything!), 15, and [maybe 16].
Silly suggestion unless you ask him first which features/aspects of Android he would want from iOS. It's not as if the entire Android "experience" is exactly iOS plus a few features.
blackcrayon is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 07:00 PM   #131
lunaoso
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by irDigital0l View Post
Yes, I pay $30/month for unlimited on Verizon.

Yes, I am grandfathered into the plan since it first came out.
That's not a whole plan though. That's just data. Average users also have talk and text adding up to be about 60 or 70 bucks a month.
lunaoso is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 07:12 PM   #132
pettyfeversk
macrumors newbie

Storage

I believe I read all of the responses and I find it interesting that not one person who seriously discussed changes that they would like in the Iphone mentioned the storage space. I believe that this is one of the areas Apple is going to modify. They know that 128GB phones will be produced by other companies and will want to be the company that breaks through. There are many owners of smartphones who would like more space than 64GB. People want more space for games, movies, videos, and music. The technology seems to be there, it is the cost invloved in getting it out. I believe it will not be the next phone but the one in 2014 that will have capacities of 32GB, 64GB and 128GB.
pettyfeversk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 07:19 PM   #133
Dominicanyor
macrumors 6502a

I was going to wait for the 5s I guess I just wait for the iPhone 6 or the 6s.
Dominicanyor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 07:21 PM   #134
A Hebrew
macrumors 6502a

I wonder if ios 7 will just introduce built in app updates like Mountain Lion...
Old Jan 1, 2013, 07:22 PM   #135
AidenShaw
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominicanyor View Post
I was going to wait for the 5s I guess I just wait for the iPhone 6 or the 6s.
Better to wait for the Galaxy S IV....
AidenShaw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 07:22 PM   #136
gmanist1000
macrumors 68020

So, Apple reads MacRumors on prototype devices? Pretty sweet!
gmanist1000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 07:26 PM   #137
louis.b
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pettyfeversk View Post
I believe I read all of the responses and I find it interesting that not one person who seriously discussed changes that they would like in the Iphone mentioned the storage space. I believe that this is one of the areas Apple is going to modify. They know that 128GB phones will be produced by other companies and will want to be the company that breaks through. There are many owners of smartphones who would like more space than 64GB. People want more space for games, movies, videos, and music. The technology seems to be there, it is the cost invloved in getting it out. I believe it will not be the next phone but the one in 2014 that will have capacities of 32GB, 64GB and 128GB.
Sorry to disappoint you but the trend now is to make storage limited phones. All major smartphones in 2012 have their storage capped at either 16GB or 32GB. Manufacturers and software companies want to push the cloud now.

----------

I'm so excited for iOS7 and iphone 5S/ 6. To all the doom-sayers trolling much?
And for the people who desire Android features why dont you just go pick up an Android phone and join the Android army?
louis.b is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 07:36 PM   #138
JS82712
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by irDigital0l View Post
Umm...lol I just answered your previous question.

Sorry, if you tried to question if my plan was legitimate and it turned out it was?

Haha

*support (use that spell check tool buddy)

They're not entirely bold when the prices are right up on Apple's website.

Also liking your posts won't make them better
I never questioned your plan, and as I stated, your $30 plan is very rare when compared to the majority of iphone users.

Tell me again how you never make typing errors when you type on a phone

Stop trolling, because you fail at it.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pettyfeversk View Post
tell that to google, a company that still makes 8GB and 16GB nexus 4.
JS82712 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 07:38 PM   #139
Dominicanyor
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenShaw View Post
Better to wait for the Galaxy S IV....
Sorry I'm staying with apple.��

Last edited by balamw; Jan 1, 2013 at 09:23 PM.
Dominicanyor is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 07:39 PM   #140
newdeal
macrumors 68000

iPhone 5S will be ahuge let down for many, Apple really needs a redesign to keep it fresh, the iphone 5 isn't bad but I think there is room for huge improvement on the bezel reduction front
newdeal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 07:43 PM   #141
Dr McKay
macrumors 68040

Send a message via MSN to Dr McKay Send a message via Skype™ to Dr McKay
Quote:
Originally Posted by louis.b View Post
And for the people who desire Android features why dont you just go pick up an Android phone and join the Android army?
There's a difference between having to switch to a completely different ecosystem, and wanting a few more handy features on your iPhone.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 07:44 PM   #142
dampfnudel
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacNicholson View Post
i bet a few people will. just like they thought the iPhone 5 would be called the iPhone 6
Like most people I expect it to be called 5S, but since this will be the 7th generation iPhone, with an A7 and iOS 7 (lucky 777 you could say), Apple calling it iPhone 7 wouldn't be a major surprise to me. It could be a way to "get back on track" with the iPhone naming convention. However, I think it would take a major redesign to warrant this, say like adding a second model with a larger display in addition to a "regular" 4" iPhone 5S. I know it doesn't sound right in the full redesign, followed by a slightly-upgraded S model the following year world we think we live in with Apple & the iPhone. You never know. We did have 3 iPad releases in one year in 2012.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 07:49 PM   #143
macs4nw
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith2 View Post
Here's what I want to see in iOS 7...

1. Weather on the lock screen (at the very least)
2. Camera app also snaps QR codes
3. Vehicle mode - no texting if device is moving > 5 mph
4. Better POI on Maps
5. Siri SDK
6. Siri Translation (translates from English to French, for example)
7. NFC
8. Apple TV SDK
9. PowerNap
10. Split screen mode on iPad (use two apps at same time)
11. Real multi-tasking (per app basis, use Settings to activate)
12. LinkedIn Integration (especially with Contacts)
13. iCloud Printing - accesses printer drivers in iCloud to print on any printer on the network
14. Combine Newsstand and iBooks (Books, Magazines, Newspapers, PDFs)
15. Bike paths on Maps or Better Routing App integration
16. iPad style clocks on iPhone
Time to call TIM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
Mountain Lion is fine. Keep running Snow Leopard to the end of time.
While I know this is a bit off-topic, I couldn't resist adding my .02: Know this isn't going to happen, but add multiple (redundant) Time Machine back-ups to SL, like ML has, and I venture to guess, APPLE will have a lot of happy customers. I will definitely be a happy camper.
Oh, and while you're at it APPLE, please allow us the choice to go back to iTunes 10.7, without having to jump through hoops.

Call me a Luddite, but 'new' isn't always better. Choice is good!
macs4nw is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 07:59 PM   #144
bedifferent
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
Mountain Lion is fine. Keep running Snow Leopard to the end of time.
While I have not experienced much in the way of bugs, as an OS X developer since 10.1 I can assure you 10.7 and 10.8 have a full list of open and known bugs still yet to be addressed.

Examples:

- WiFi connectivity - many users reporting dropped and/or inconsistent WiFi (clean installs do nothing while 10.6 on the same system in the same conditions works flawlessly)
- OpenGL Core - poor at best, with little support for 4.0 if at all, well behind others
- Memory Management - while improved in 10.8, still a far cry from 10.6 and earlier, even with 4-8 GBs RAM
- Networking protocols - since 10.7, AFP and SMB have been a nightmare
- Lack of full server features - even dropped necessary features available in 10.7 and earlier
- Myriad of graphic issues, especially involving rMBP's
- Finder needs a serious overhaul - HFS+ has been showing its age for a while
- iPhoto/Aperture "Time Machine" support - removal of full "Time Machine" support since version 9 - previously one could open iPhoto and restore deleted pictures as can be done in Mail/Contacts/Calendar, now one must restore the entire iPhoto or Aperture database is the recycling bin is inadvertently emptied which is more common than you would believe
- "Mission Control" - discussed ad nauseum - poor implementation of a previously successful workflow w/ Exposé and 3D Spaces, many resort to third party app's such as "TotalSpaces" to restore a once beautiful workflow, "Mission Control" is wasted graphical eye candy that taxes system resources

On and on. Apple has their collective arses up their iOS butts, more focused on Facebook and Twitter social networking integration and less focus on a solid OS X experience. God I miss Bertrand Serlet, since he left after 10.6 OS X has seen a drop in overall quality under its new "leadership". I haven't seen so many opened and unresolved bugs with OS X developers in all my years, much more than 10.6. Many wish Apple would go back to 10.6 and earlier beta releases, releasing a beta.dmg every 2 weeks and requiring a fresh install each time. This certainly seemed to alleviate any issues with DP's releases over existing installs. Moving OS X to an annual release date to match iOS is a big mistake.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by akatsuki View Post
I can honestly say I want almost none of these.
Then you're not a developer as some of those are SDK's, and I would love to have those available.

Last edited by bedifferent; Jan 1, 2013 at 08:05 PM.
bedifferent is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 08:05 PM   #145
polee
macrumors regular

I love my apple devices and certainly love my iPhone 4S. When the iPhone 5 came out, I was terribly disappointed with the "new" design which was nothing much to shout about. I may have to skip not only iOS updates (still on 5.1.1) but also future iPhone updates until something comes along that would make me want to buy it. Like the new iPad Mini which I simply love.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 08:21 PM   #146
adjeff8
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Here's what I want to see in iOS 7...

1. Weather on the lock screen (at the very least)
2. Camera app also snaps QR codes
4. Better POI on Maps
5. Siri SDK
6. Siri Translation (translates from English to French, for example)
7. NFC
8. Apple TV SDK
9. PowerNap
10. Split screen mode on iPad (use two apps at same time)
11. Real multi-tasking (per app basis, use Settings to activate)
12. LinkedIn Integration (especially with Contacts)
13. iCloud Printing - accesses printer drivers in iCloud to print on any printer on the network
14. Combine Newsstand and iBooks (Books, Magazines, Newspapers, PDFs)
15. Bike paths on Maps or Better Routing App integration
16. iPad style clocks on iPhone
#3 vehicle mode. That would be dumb. So you think a passenger in a car should not be allowed to text? I would never install if that's the case. That would be enough to make me leave the iPhone world. However...Siri translation is a great idea, as I work in Eastern Europe often. And iCloud Printing is genius
adjeff8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 08:22 PM   #147
SgtPepper12
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmwebs View Post
- Either carbon fiber or plastic shell (there really is zero benefit to a metal shell, and causes more problems than its worth
thermal conductivity of aluminium: 235 W/mK
typical thermal conductivity of plastics: between 0.1 and 0.3 W/mK

For the CPU/GPU a thermal conductivity that is 1000 times bigger compared to plastic certainly is a benefit. A huge one. Also metal is way more sturdy. My iPhone 5 is incredibly robust (and no, scratches on the edges don't really count).
SgtPepper12 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 08:43 PM   #148
twoodcc
macrumors P6

Send a message via AIM to twoodcc Send a message via MSN to twoodcc
not many rumors about what will be coming next. looking forward to finding out what apple has been working on. hopefully it's good!
Old Jan 1, 2013, 08:43 PM   #149
adjeff8
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Your iPhone plan only costs $30 a month?

Yea right.
My iPhone plan costs me $30 per month. For data, that is. Unlimited as well. Of course the cell phone portion of my bill, but that is no different than any cell phone. Smart phone or not
adjeff8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 08:50 PM   #150
ArtOfWarfare
macrumors 603

Send a message via Skype™ to ArtOfWarfare
Quote:
I understand (or hope, anyways,) that you mean well, but there's several issues with this idea:

1 - passengers in vehicles moving faster than 5 MPH wouldn't be able to text
2 - people walking through intersections would be able to text

A much better idea than having the device lock out features based on guesses that you shouldn't be using them is to have people get smarter.

I think learning first hand is the way to do it - put students in simulations of crossing road or driving and texting at once. Let them do it however many times they want. Demonstrate that they can't get better at it, or even if they can, they can't meaningfully improve their performance and that they are putting themselves and others in danger.
ArtOfWarfare is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion