Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
Or, they could update the iPad 2 to look like the Mini and keep the Retina the same.

If they don't find an alternative thin/light Retina LCD nothing will change for that model, obviously.

And don't believe anyone in regards to this, as the loons will come out of the woodwork with their imaginary 'inside info' and half baked technical expertise.

Paulywauly

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2009
Durham, UK

It does appear to be the most popular rumour for the next iPad, but do remember all of these articles and the zillions of posts on MR about it originate from a single leak or guess from an insider/industry analyst a week or so back.

When it boils down to it we havent had any part leaks from china yet, no mentions of the next ipad in new software code or in retailer inventory lists. Never mind an official announcement

snow755

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
Or, they could update the iPad 2 to look like the Mini and keep the Retina the same.

If they don't find an alternative thin/light Retina LCD nothing will change for that model, obviously.

And don't believe anyone in regards to this, as the loons will come out of the woodwork with their imaginary 'inside info' and half baked technical expertise.

i think the i pad 2 could be drop this year and keep the ipad 4

JoshS

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2012
i think the i pad 2 could be drop this year and keep the ipad 4

The iPad 2 is being kept around as its much cheaper to produce being non-retina and therefore gives people a lower cost full size iPad option.

Dmunjal

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
The iPad 2 is being kept around as its much cheaper to produce being non-retina and therefore gives people a lower cost full size iPad option.

Used or refurbished iPad 3s are going for less than new iPad 2s and the Mini provides a lot more flexibility. Don't know why anyone would buy a new 2 from Apple today.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.