Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigRed1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 13, 2011
I have a 3gs - old bootrom. I was happily rolling along jailbroken and unlocked, running TMobile, in iOS 5.0.1 using 6.15.00 baseband.

I have need of GPS for an upcoming trip, so I decided to finally try to downgrade my baseband with then newish redsn0w.

I tried to use the instructions at iclarified at http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=22653

Things did not go according to plan. I tried to do the downgrade iPad baseband using the 5.0.1 baseband. I got a message about the machine not being able to download the baseband files or some such thing, and now it is stuck in recovery mode and I can't seem to get it out.

Redsn0w recognizes the iphone as 3GS (Recovery mode, old BR)
Tiny Umbrella says that I have blobs for 4.1, 5.01, and 5.1b1 (side note - what is this, how did I get it when I never upgraded to 5.1, and will it do me any good?)

Redsn0w and Tiny Umbrella are both unable to get me out of recovery mode.

Can I somehow create a custom ipsw to recover from in iTunes? What else can I do? PLEASE HELP - I'm too poor to be able to buy a new phone. :eek:

Last edited:

BigRed1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 13, 2011
OK, I created a custom ipsw in Redsn0w, loaded it in iTunes, jailbroke and unlocked all over again. Now I'm back where I started, unlocked in 5.0.1, but now I get to start over from scratch in terms of putting all my old apps and such back on. I'm at least relieved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.