Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 1, 2013, 09:49 PM   #1
Ruffian829
macrumors 6502

iMovie 11 help

I'm trying to re-arrange songs (or delete and re-add songs) in a movie clip in iMovie 11. i tried the clip--> arrange music tracks but it will not let me re-arrange the tracks. Alternatively I can't figure out a way to delete the audio tracks I added so that I can re-add them in a different order.

Any suggestions?
Ruffian829 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:15 PM   #2
ewartjohn11
macrumors newbie

If it is still in a project format, then you should be able to click on each different audio file and either move it, or delete it. If you exported it, and are now putting that back into iMovie, then you're going to need to mute the audio (where needed) and put in the audio you want. Hope this helped
Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:25 PM   #3
Ddyracer
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffian829 View Post
I'm trying to re-arrange songs (or delete and re-add songs) in a movie clip in iMovie 11. i tried the clip--> arrange music tracks but it will not let me re-arrange the tracks. Alternatively I can't figure out a way to delete the audio tracks I added so that I can re-add them in a different order.

Any suggestions?
To delete a audio track right click, show the track, then press command delete.
Ddyracer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 05:13 AM   #4
Big Stevie
macrumors 6502a

In Project Library, click on the clip you dont want, right click, delete.

Its always worth marking your clip in the Event Library as Favourite, create your clip and then click on the Star symbol above. This will put a green line along the top of your clip so you can quickly renavigate back to it, select it and reinsert it into your Project Library if needed.

Once a clip has been placed into your Project, an orange line will appear running along the bottom of the clip.

Last edited by Big Stevie; Jan 2, 2013 at 05:21 AM.
Big Stevie is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store