Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Jan 2, 2013, 10:09 AM   #1
Hubson83
macrumors newbie

iMac 27" 2012 exchange time

Hello,

My new 27" iMac have damaged hard drive and need to be replaced. Apple Online Store prepare new order for me and now it's processing. Maybe You know how long i need to wait for new one? Apple Online Store says me that production have priority status for replaced units. Is that true?

I wait one month for first one and i don't want to wait next 4 weeks...
Hubson83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:05 AM   #2
edry.hilario
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubson83 View Post
Hello,

My new 27" iMac have damaged hard drive and need to be replaced. Apple Online Store prepare new order for me and now it's processing. Maybe You know how long i need to wait for new one? Apple Online Store says me that production have priority status for replaced units. Is that true?

I wait one month for first one and i don't want to wait next 4 weeks...
they put you in top of the list when they do replacement i got a faulty replacement this past tuesday it took 2 weeks for me to get a faulty replacement, so with that said i wish you the best of luck (not sarcastically). Im really kinda upset, apple is suppose to be premium quality stuff instead were getting the crappiest quality stuff, im extremely fed up with this.
edry.hilario is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:17 AM   #3
chpopel
macrumors newbie

Do you have to ship the defective one first before you get a replacement?
chpopel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:33 AM   #4
xgman
macrumors 68040

Call customer service and if necessary request a call back from a supervisor. they can help.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:13 PM   #5
burninggarlic
macrumors member

Mine fusion drive 27" dead on 27th. I contacted apple the same day for a replacement.
I got a mail 31st says the new one will be shipped within 3-5 business days.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	QQ20130102-13.png
Views:	34
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	387433  
burninggarlic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:49 PM   #6
Hubson83
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by burninggarlic View Post
Mine fusion drive 27" dead on 27th. I contacted apple the same day for a replacement.
I got a mail 31st says the new one will be shipped within 3-5 business days.
Yeah, today i receive the same mail from Apple Online Store. They give 3-5 business days for send new machine. Really cool! Today TNT take a bad one.

My hard drive working very slow, at some point the drive has hang out and lost 500GB from 1TB. I try everything with format, recovery HD etc but nothing help. The drive is physically damaged.
Hubson83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 01:11 PM   #7
edry.hilario
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Yeah, today i receive the same mail from Apple Online Store. They give 3-5 business days for send new machine. Really cool! Today TNT take a bad one.

My hard drive working very slow, at some point the drive has hang out and lost 500GB from 1TB. I try everything with format, recovery HD etc but nothing help. The drive is physically damaged.
wtf is going on with apple and them shipping out so many problematic machines.
edry.hilario is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 01:17 PM   #8
burninggarlic
macrumors member

Quote:

Mine doesn't boot at all. Starts with the bright gray screen then powers off automatically.

However, I can start it up while holding the C key to start from the disc.The disk utility still can recognize 1.1TB, but not able to verify and repair the disk.

Seagate, the original sin.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 01:19 PM   #9
dhokes
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by edry.hilario View Post
wtf is going on with apple and them shipping out so many problematic machines.
That's what generally happens when a new line is released.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 01:28 PM   #10
edry.hilario
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhokes View Post
no excuse. when we paid we didnt pay with half valuable money if you catch my drift. They had time to figure it out and they should test the machines before they go out. this is ridic
edry.hilario is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 01:30 PM   #11
burninggarlic
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhokes View Post
The problem is, most queries are from the screen and HDD (not the ssd part) for the present.

The actual screen is not enhanced that much. Apple just made the cover glass less reflective then glue it with the screen to reduce the thickness. The backlight bleeding is not supposed to happen since the LED screen is actually the same one as the last gen iMac's.

The HDD failure is even more ridiculous. I do not think Seagate has developed a new HDD for this new iMac.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac