Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Jan 2, 2013, 02:51 PM   #1
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

American Family Assoc.- Christians Will Be Like Blacks Under Jim Crow Laws

Gotta love these hate groups. You can always tell they're a hate group when they have the word family or values on their name. I shudder to think that they have followers who buy into this crap.

Quote:
A leading Christian conservative organization, the American Family Association, emailed its members on Wednesday warning them that in less than 50 years, Christians will become “second class citizens” like blacks were under Jim Crow laws in the American South.

The letter, titled “What will religion look like in the year 2060?” warned the AFA’s members that despite Christians making up a strong majority of the American population, the followers of the religion will one day be subjected to discriminatory laws and a slew of offenses such as “the state taking charge of the children beginning at birth” and… a Muslim president.
Quote:
What will religion look like in the year 2060?

Conservative Christians will be treated as second class citizens, much like African Americans were prior to civil rights legislation in the 1960s.

Family as we know it will be drastically changed with the state taking charge of the children beginning at birth.

Marriage will include two, three, four or any number of participants. Marriage will not be important, with individuals moving in and out of a “family” group at will.

Churchbuildings will be little used, with many sold to secular buyers and the money received going to the government.

Churches will not be allowed to discuss any political issues, even if it affects the church directly.

Tax credit given to churches and non-profit organizations will cease.

Christian broadcasting will be declared illegal based on the separation of church and state. The airwaves belong to the government, therefore they cannot be used for any religious purpose.

We will have, or have had, a Muslim president.

Cities with a name from the Bible such as St. Petersburg, Bethlehem, etc. will be forced to change their name due to separation of church and state.

Groups connected to any religious affiliation will be forced out of health care. Health centers get tax money from the state, making it a violation of church and state.

Get involved! Sign THE STATEMENT.

Sincerely,
Donald E. Wildmon
rdowns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 02:54 PM   #2
AhmedFaisal

<snip>

Last edited by AhmedFaisal; Nov 16, 2013 at 06:54 PM.
  4 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 03:08 PM   #3
leekohler
Banned

Wow- they're completely insane. They must be losing members in droves to resort to fear tactics like this.
leekohler is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 03:34 PM   #4
Mac'nCheese
macrumors 68020

I've often wondered: Are these people insane and really believe this stuff? Or do they know its bs and are liars?

Of course, it doesn't really matter in the end...
Mac'nCheese is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 04:09 PM   #5
yg17
In Time-Out

Where can I sign up to get myself cryogenically frozen until 2060? I'd rather be around for this utopia when I'm 26 and have a long time to enjoy it, not when I'm 74.
yg17 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 04:25 PM   #6
MadeTheSwitch
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Conservative Christians will be treated as second class citizens, much like African Americans were prior to civil rights legislation in the 1960s.
It's ironic that they worry about being treated as second class when they seem to have no problem treating others as second class themselves. Poetic justice I say.

And really the true nature of the situation is that BIGOTS will be treated as second class (rightfully so), not Christians who will be just fine. In fact, these bigots give them a bad name so more then likely most Christians will be happy with the bigots falling by the wayside who for far too long have been hijacking the religion.
MadeTheSwitch is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 05:02 PM   #7
ugahairydawgs
macrumors 68020

1. Christians already are mocked by non-believers....so that won't be anything new.

2. This guy is a mor....lets go with misguided....and is part of why we're mocked to begin with.
ugahairydawgs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 06:31 PM   #8
samiwas
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac'nCheese View Post
I've often wondered: Are these people insane and really believe this stuff? Or do they know its bs and are liars?
If you ask me, I think a lot of these people (the hard core evangelical types) are perfectly aware that it's all BS. But as long as rabid groups of followers hang on their every word and give them tons of money, they're not going to change their tune.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 07:26 PM   #9
thekev
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugahairydawgs View Post
1. Christians already are mocked by non-believers....so that won't be anything new.

2. This guy is a mor....lets go with misguided....and is part of why we're mocked to begin with.
Typically the leadership of an organization is fully aware of what they're doing, so I wouldn't necessarily go with misguided. The bigotry is fairly obvious, and he's not really doing the membership of his organization a real service by propagating fear. Just thinking in terms of believers and non-believers is pretty cult-like in itself.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 07:36 PM   #10
Peace
macrumors P6

Good Grief..Don't these "christians" even read the bible anymore ?

According to the bible "christians" can look forward to a lot worse things happening to them.
Peace is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues