Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Closed Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 06:52 AM   #1
ItsAShaunParty
macrumors newbie

Ex-Apple Employee and Lazy Questions

Hey all!

Yes, I worked for Apple. And, I ask these questions because I believe they are interesting points of conversation and I am way too lazy to research them right now. Topics include: Keyloggers, Apps, Podcasts, and Throttling -- oh my!

1. Keyloggers
Let me preface: Besides my insane curiosity for technology, I might have a pretty legitimate use for a keylogger. I am struggling with the moral implications, and understand why, even given the situation, this does not seem like an okay thing to do. Unfortunately, it is also currently for my protection. And not about a lover! So...

Is there currently an accessible method (software) by which one can install a keylogger remotely without the victim's participation? I feel like there is a way to do it if there is a photo or something in the body of the email. But, in thinking, I've read they can be embedded in PDF files... or is that just changing a .dmg extension?

2. App Discovery
What websites do you guys use to discover apps, read reviews, etc. This is mostly an iOS question, but OSX as well. And Podcasts.

Are there any good directories? Links? Anyone?

3. Throttling.
I hate AT&T so much. I'm being throttled right now. I actually think I have realized a flaw that is AGAINST contract. If there's an interested lawyer out there, please message me.

On that note, is there a current un-throttle trick out there? (Besides "Switch to T-Mobile").

I really appreciate your responses. Here is some Apple insider stuff to help you out: Nike headphones are rebranded Philips. So save yourself $60.

Thanks!
ItsAShaunParty is offline   0
Old Jul 24, 2014, 07:01 AM   #2
maflynn

[MOD NOTE]
I don't think its kosher that a discussion be held on how to install key logger software on a victim's computer (your words).

As for throttling, that's a topic that should go in the iPhone forum.

Locking this thread.

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Tags
app, apple store, podcasts, spyware, throttling