Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:34 PM   #1
gsugolfer
macrumors 6502a

Is there an app that offers photo auto-upload?

On my Droid Pro, I was able to auto-upload all pictures to Photobucket. With the iPhone 5, I am only able to do this with Dropbox (which isn't quite as seamless as a web viewer like Photobucket).

Is anything available that would function the way the Droid did with auto-uploading?
gsugolfer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:46 PM   #2
Diseal3
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsugolfer View Post
On my Droid Pro, I was able to auto-upload all pictures to Photobucket. With the iPhone 5, I am only able to do this with Dropbox (which isn't quite as seamless as a web viewer like Photobucket).

Is anything available that would function the way the Droid did with auto-uploading?
Dropbox does it on android because it isn't as restrictive and be given the permission to do so. iOS will not allow this due to its locked down nature.
Diseal3 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 12:18 AM   #3
eyoungren
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to eyoungren Send a message via MSN to eyoungren Send a message via Yahoo to eyoungren Send a message via Skype™ to eyoungren
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diseal3 View Post
Dropbox does it on android because it isn't as restrictive and be given the permission to do so. iOS will not allow this due to its locked down nature.
Well, it may not be locked down too much more, at least in the case of Facebook. FB has a new feature it's been slowly rolling out where any iOS photo you take automatically uploads to FB. Privacy controls are set so that no photo get's published to the feed without permission.

But if you aren't on FB or you opt out of this (like I have) you don't have to worry.

OP, there is Photobucket's own app. It's not automatic (I don't think), but it will be direct to Photobucket.
eyoungren is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone