Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jan 3, 2013, 10:02 AM   #1
W5UXH
macrumors newbie

Keychain "found" some of my passwords elsewhere?

I am brand new to MAC and OS X, just picked up a MAC Mini and am at the bottom of the learning curve.

I noticed keychain "messages" when logging into some sites, so I searched to find what keychain is. I then found and opened keychain and there were at least two entries that were for sites / servers I had definitely not been to on this computer. I could show the passwords by using my account password to access the password entry.

One was a Whirlpool site where I had registered a new fridge some months ago (from a windows machine). The other was a private home server a friend has a user account for me on. I have not accessed that server in a long time, and then only from windows (never touched OS X before).

This gives me pause! How can keychain do this? Is this to be expected?

Thanks,

Chuck
W5UXH is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 06:21 PM   #2
AT06
macrumors 6502

Did you import things from Windows to your new Mac? Keychain could have found some data and imported it. Other than that, I can't see how it got hold of it.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 06:55 PM   #3
W5UXH
macrumors newbie

No, no importing at all. I am not even at home with my Windows machine. We are on vacation and I brought a HDMI monitor and keyboard and mouse to use when I picked up the Mini. Very strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT06 View Post
Did you import things from Windows to your new Mac? Keychain could have found some data and imported it. Other than that, I can't see how it got hold of it.
W5UXH is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help