Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DJ Racing

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
I recently installed two SSDs in my Mac Mini and configured it as Raid 0. I have a USB stick that Ive been using on my laptops to install fresh copies of Mountain Lion when needed and it works well. I tried to use it on my Mac Mini and it said the operating system is not compatible. I assumed that maybe it was because the USB stick has a copy of the mountain lion installer thats meant for a laptop. Therefore I did the internet recovery and got my Mac Mini running. I decided it would be wise to make another USB installer for my Mini. So I went to re-download Mountain Lion on my Mini from my purchased section on the App Store and it says, The purchase could not be completed. Mountain Lion is not compatible with this computer. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks

iWaiting

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2012
the version from the app store is the incorrect one at this time ,the internet recovery one is the correct one it ver num is 12Cxxxx

that why you are getting the errors but they are not errors they are correct

DJ Racing

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
interesting. so is there a solution that will allow me to use my USB or create another that can be used on the Mac Mini?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.