Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jan 3, 2013, 02:16 PM   #1
LittleApple08
macrumors member

Send a message via Yahoo to LittleApple08
Help! Make your Mac a FTP Host

Hey everyone,

I am trying to make my mac into a FTP server to access by my phone using a FTP client on the go. Here are the steps I've taken so far...

My mac has the following system: 10.6.8 with all updates installed and I've taken the following actions.

1. System Preferences I enabled the FTP in the share folder and selected which folders I want to share.
2. Within the router I forwarded and mapped ports 21 and at the website canyouseeme.com , ort 21 is open.
3. I downloaded No-Ip client and created a host. I use that host to log in but the connect is timed out.

I've followed this guide to a T @ http://www.macinstruct.com/node/152

Please help me out... I really want to be able to access my files remotely. Thanks for your time.

LittleApple

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help