Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neopan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2013
At first I thought it was an issue with my mouse...However the problem persists even getting a new mouse. I have noticed that sometimes mouse clicks/hovers/scroll stops working when the lid of my 13'' macbook air from 2011 is closed. My fix so far is to open up the lid, and for some reason, everything works perfectly. Anyone else run into the same problem? After a few google searches, still yields me fruitless.

Thanks!

kage207

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
At first I thought it was an issue with my mouse...However the problem persists even getting a new mouse. I have noticed that sometimes mouse clicks/hovers/scroll stops working when the lid of my 13'' macbook air from 2011 is closed. My fix so far is to open up the lid, and for some reason, everything works perfectly. Anyone else run into the same problem? After a few google searches, still yields me fruitless.

Thanks!
Because your computer sleeps when you close the lid?

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Perhaps check that nothing is pressing against the trackpad or the keyboard. If the keyboard is pressed or the touchpad is clicked, then you won't be able to click, scroll, etc.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Because lid close = forced sleep.

To prevent this u have to run in clamshell mode via a third party software.

wolfpuppies3

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2012
Virginia, USA
You need no third party software. Just plug in the external monitor. I use mine that way daily with a bluetooth keyboard, track pad, and magic mouse. Works fine.

neopan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2013
You need no third party software. Just plug in the external monitor. I use mine that way daily with a bluetooth keyboard, track pad, and magic mouse. Works fine.

This is the case for me i would say 90% of the time, but every now and then it just stops working...I've tried making sure that nothing is pressed up against the trackpad. This issue started happening i would say when it started getting real cold here in Canada. I'm starting to think if its possible that its the static buildup on the screen. When closed, the trackpad thinks theres contact with the LCD. I'm gonna wipe down my screen with some anti static wipes, and see if that solves the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.