Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Jan 3, 2013, 09:42 PM   #26
Chris092881
macrumors 6502

This reminds me of that old Jerky Boys skit where Frank Rizzo is trying to get rid of some diamonds because he "whacked some ****** out for them".
Chris092881 is offline   0
Old Jan 4, 2013, 05:48 AM   #27
Jimmy Guphanti
macrumors 6502

Ok I'll take the picture today if you don't believe me. It's a display in the middle of the store not what you people are thinking of. All I want to know is how to fix it.
Jimmy Guphanti is offline   0
Old Jan 4, 2013, 08:04 AM   #28
iMikeCrook
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to iMikeCrook
Well, of course this is a troll thread, but I'll bite.

If, in fact, something like this ever happened, I'd say that if one dropped anything into a chest full of diamonds, replacing the item wouldn't be a concern.

That said, had this been an honest OP, I'd say that's a good problem to have.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 09:02 AM   #29
AFDoc
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by F123D View Post
Have it replaced with your chest full of gold.
Winner winner chicken dinner!!

OP, suck it up OR go pay for an OOW replacement, Not sure what they run now for the i5. Any one help a brother out with an OOW price?
AFDoc is offline   0
Old Jan 4, 2013, 09:21 AM   #30
Six8
macrumors 6502a

Pics or it didn't happen
Six8 is offline   0
Old Jan 4, 2013, 09:30 AM   #31
1080p
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Guphanti View Post
I can get an entire Mac Mini with 500GB storage for $600 but a 16GB iPhone costs more?
ZOMG! You can get a Ford F150 at $22,000, but a Prius costs more!!!!111
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-01-04 at 8.28.13 AM.png
Views:	13
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	387940  
Old Jan 4, 2013, 09:46 AM   #32
iMikeCrook
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six8 View Post
Pics or it didn't happen
Of COURSE it didn't happen. OP is a troll, and is trying desperately to save his troll. But bad troll is bad. It took mere seconds to see right through it. I think now we're merely humoring him and/or having fun at his expense.

Anyone with a chest full of diamonds can just go get another iPhone and pay with cash.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 09:50 AM   #33
aliensporebomb
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb Send a message via Skype™ to aliensporebomb
Exclamation Ah!

Quote:
I accidentally dropped my iPhone into a chest full of diamonds and now it is really scratched but not broken. How do I fix this for cheap? I can't afford a new phone and using it with all these scratches is not any good.
Were they cut diamonds or raw from the mines? If they were cut it's possible the scratches could be buffed out.

Have your pilot fly one of the lears on the pad out to Apple HQ with the phone and set up a meeting with Jony to see if you can use the diamond storage room as a possible test site for the next phone.

If they hadn't been cut yet well, pay the $150 and take your lumps.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 09:56 AM   #34
Chris092881
macrumors 6502

Call me gullible, but I believe the OP. Maybe English isn't his native language. I assumed when he said "chest" that he meant "cabinet" or something. I can see this happening. I've heard crazier stories. Kind of like the guy that got pounced on by a cougar and dropped his iPhone, smashing the screen.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 10:17 AM   #35
iMikeCrook
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris092881 View Post
Call me gullible, but I believe the OP. Maybe English isn't his native language. I assumed when he said "chest" that he meant "cabinet" or something. I can see this happening. I've heard crazier stories. Kind of like the guy that got pounced on by a cougar and dropped his iPhone, smashing the screen.
Okay, you're gullible.

Clearly, this story is a hoax. Whether it's a chest, a cabinet, a drawer, or whatever...if you have so many diamonds that you need to use any of those words, then replacing the iPhone in cash is a breeze.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 10:22 AM   #36
Chris092881
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMikeCrook View Post
Okay, you're gullible.

Clearly, this story is a hoax. Whether it's a chest, a cabinet, a drawer, or whatever...if you have so many diamonds that you need to use any of those words, then replacing the iPhone in cash is a breeze.
Sir, he said he works in a store that sells diamonds. Who ever said he was the owner of the store OR the diamonds? Even if it is a hoax, why do you care so much?
Old Jan 4, 2013, 10:51 AM   #37
iMikeCrook
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Sir, he said he works in a store that sells diamonds. Who ever said he was the owner of the store OR the diamonds? Even if it is a hoax, why do you care so much?
Oh here come OP's buddies trying to save the story.

I can say I'm married to Christina Ricci. That doesn't make it thus and so. Even if OP truly does work for a diamond store, surely access to diamonds-- and certainly a whole chest of them-- would be regulated.

Who would have their iPhone out when a chest of diamonds is open, when something like what OP has alleged happened could occur? What boss would allow personal devices to be out in the work environs? There are too many holes in this story. It was a valiant effort by OP, but the story development simply wasn't there.

It's not that I care so much, it's just the OP is clearly a troll trying to give us some pre-weekend entertainment, and I am just curious to see how this story turns out.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 11:10 AM   #38
Six8
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
I believe it too. My phone was stomped by an elephant while on safari. Not a mark on it!!
Six8 is offline   0
Old Jan 4, 2013, 11:26 AM   #39
Interstella5555
macrumors 603

Quote:
I just called them and they said it costs $150 without Apple Care +
That's basically the price of a new phone. What do I do? What if I put the iPhone in this -
http://www.brookstone.com/cd-and-dvd...leaning-system

I have used that before to fix DVD scratches and it worked alright.
You want to put your phone in a...DVD cleaner? Why not use this and see if you can go back in time as well?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1GR6mjbBpT...Do/s320/vh.jpg
Interstella5555 is offline   0
Old Jan 4, 2013, 11:50 AM   #40
Chris092881
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Oh here come OP's buddies trying to save the story.

I can say I'm married to Christina Ricci. That doesn't make it thus and so. Even if OP truly does work for a diamond store, surely access to diamonds-- and certainly a whole chest of them-- would be regulated.

Who would have their iPhone out when a chest of diamonds is open, when something like what OP has alleged happened could occur? What boss would allow personal devices to be out in the work environs? There are too many holes in this story. It was a valiant effort by OP, but the story development simply wasn't there.

It's not that I care so much, it's just the OP is clearly a troll trying to give us some pre-weekend entertainment, and I am just curious to see how this story turns out.
If you're going to give an incredible analogy to counter the OP's story, which you think is clearly false, the best you can do is Christina Ricci? You have horrible taste.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 12:04 PM   #41
iMikeCrook
macrumors newbie

Quote:
If you're going to give an incredible analogy to counter the OP's story, which you think is clearly false, the best you can do is Christina Ricci? You have horrible taste.
Clearly, you missed the point. It was an apt analogy, because both my story and OP's story were clear examples of absolute B.S. Taste is subjective, and attacking others' taste in women is just childish.

No matter what you say, the OP's story is an obvious work of pure fiction.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 12:07 PM   #42
Chris092881
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Clearly, you missed the point. It was an apt analogy, because both my story and OP's story were clear examples of absolute B.S. Taste is subjective, and attacking others' taste in women is just childish.

No matter what you say, the OP's story is an obvious work of pure fiction.
Don't get all worked up, killer. I promise not to bash Christina Ricci on the boards here any further. I completely understood your point. It could be a work of fiction, but it might not be. I just happen to be in the minority where I believe him. My opinion.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 12:11 PM   #43
pnoyblazed
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtexan View Post
I have no help but that is one of the worst 1st world problems I have ever heard. Good luck
Your honesty is on point
pnoyblazed is offline   0
Old Jan 4, 2013, 12:15 PM   #44
iMikeCrook
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Don't get all worked up, killer. I promise not to bash Christina Ricci on the boards here any further. I completely understood your point. It could be a work of fiction, but it might not be. I just happen to be in the minority where I believe him. My opinion.
And you probably also believe in God and unicorns. Duly noted.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 12:37 PM   #45
bigjnyc
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelisa13p View Post
My sister owns a jewelry store and doesn't have "chests full of diamonds" that anything could fall into.
Oh well that settles it then, since you're sister's store doesnt have one.... then it's impossible for any jewelry store in the world to have such a chest.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 12:54 PM   #46
Arnezie
macrumors 65816

Quote:
You got a problem with God spanky?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjnyc View Post
Oh well that settles it then, since you're sister's store doesnt have one.... then it's impossible for any jewelry store in the world to have such a chest.
Why would a jewelry store have diamonds in a chess every diamond I've ever bought or sold loose is in its own little envelope or case with a certificate of authenticity attached why would you just have a whole bunch a loose diamonds unless maybe you're in Africa or something
Old Jan 4, 2013, 01:02 PM   #47
Chris092881
macrumors 6502

Quote:
You don't believe in anything greater than yourself?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnezie View Post
You got a problem with God spanky?

----------

Why would a jewelry store have diamonds in a chess every diamond I've ever bought or sold loose is in its own little envelope or case with a certificate of authenticity attached why would you just have a whole bunch a loose diamonds unless maybe you're in Africa or something
Or maybe they weren't REAL diamonds. Just loose stones in a display case he chose to classify as diamonds? Honest mistake.

----------

Maybe we should defer this whole thing over to the user here who checked his iPhone 5 out for cosmetic flaws with a jewelers loupe upon delivery. Maybe he has some knowledge in the field of precious stones, hence the loupe.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 01:17 PM   #48
Jimmy Guphanti
macrumors 6502

I took it to the Apple store and told them it came like that since people were reporting scratched phones out of the box and they gave me a new one.
Jimmy Guphanti is offline   0
Old Jan 4, 2013, 01:20 PM   #49
iMikeCrook
macrumors newbie

Quote:
I took it to the Apple store and told them it came like that since people were reporting scratched phones out of the box and they gave me a new one.
LOL. How convenient for you. So where's this pic of the mysterious "chest of diamonds"?
Old Jan 4, 2013, 01:22 PM   #50
Interstella5555
macrumors 603

Quote:
Aww, cute, you can commit fraud as well as lie!!!
Interstella5555 is offline   4

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland