Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davigood

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2013
I really like how notification center integrates important things from my email, calendar, facebook, etc. But I never check it because it is hidden. I would like it to be always visible on the desktop or pop up after a certain idle time, like a screensaver. I've not been able to find an option to do this, but can this be activated with a terminal script or third party app? Thanks.

-BigMac-

macrumors demi-god
Apr 15, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
I really like how notification center integrates important things from my email, calendar, facebook, etc. But I never check it because it is hidden. I would like it to be always visible on the desktop or pop up after a certain idle time, like a screensaver. I've not been able to find an option to do this, but can this be activated with a terminal script or third party app? Thanks.

probably, but im not smart enough to make a script :)

coldjeanzzz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
I don't think it can or should be visible permanently. It pushes everything else on the screen to the side and takes up a lot of space. I suppose it might be possible for someone to write a script that puts it on a timer or something.

groove-agent

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2006
Bring Back Widgets!

I agree with the OP. That's why widgets are so useful, esp when you enable them always on the desktop (like Win 7 gadgets, which are also abandoned by the OS).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-09 at 9.05.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-09 at 9.05.26 PM.png
    311.1 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.