Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 6, 2013, 04:31 AM   #1
pmontanarella
macrumors 6502

Office or iWork?

Hi all,

I am aware there are many threads on this topic, however, I haven't found a single one that fits my situation.

At home I'm all Apple (MacBook, iPhone 5 and iPad) other than a computer I use pretty much only for gaming, and I never us it for Word Processing (or any other office apps).
I have Pages and Keynote on my iOS devices, and I'm thinking of getting Numbers (especially if I get the whole iWork suite for my Mac).
One concern I have is that I currently run my Mac on a 2 drive setup (a small SSD and a big HDD in the disc bay). My SSD is only 60GB and is already pretty much full. What worries me is the fact that with the new iWork, it seems you can't really choose where to save the documents (and sync to iCloud), is this correct?
I currently have Office on my Mac and I'm happy with it, but the iCloud syncing feature, and the awesome graphics in Keynote, are really pulling me towards iWork. As for cross-compatibility, I'm currently attending school and need to hand-in many papers however, I guess I can hand them in in PDF format.

Thanks in advance for the tips,
Pietro

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Tags
iwork, iwork vs office, microsoft office, office for mac