Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rtrg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2013
Please move this as needed. Can someone here provide me with a list of makers or name brands of ANALOG VHS camcorders? Specificly I am looking for only those camcorders that use the first generation 12 volt 1500AH battery first used by RCA. The RCA part number is CB120 among others under the RCA brand. There were any number of brands that used the same design. Among them MINOLTA, HITACHI, MITSUBISHI, which probably made them all and other names. I need a complete list so I can try to find a working camera to replace mine that is on its way out.All help welcome. Finding these units in second hand stores is hit or miss at best. Thanks. It was suggested that I expand this post. I like analog camcorders because I am old school and their inherit simplicity. It is nice to here the noises as confirmation it is working as well as the led indicators. Plus keeping track of record time is easy. You can look at the tape and judge how much time was used and left. I really need this list so I can find another camera that uses the same battery. I know there are more names that I already know. Any help any members can provide is welcome.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2010
located
Just out of curiosity, why do you still want to use a VHS camcorder? A special project or something?

To edit your thread title to a descriptive one, to get a knowledgable audience and help making the thread easier to find for people looking for the same information, just click on the
edit.gif
button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the
MR_Edit_GoAdvanced_button.png
button below your message.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.