Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Nov 9, 2014, 05:29 PM   #1
FredT2
macrumors 6502

If you run Lightroom on retina iMac, please help

I've run into an issue with my retina (iMac, 4.0, m295x, SSD) where adjustments in the Develop module are very slow. If you are using Lightroom with any version of the retina iMac, would you please post a reply with your experience? Thanks.
FredT2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2014, 04:03 AM   #2
kucyk
macrumors member

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost...20&postcount=3
kucyk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2014, 08:29 AM   #3
Ray2
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredT2 View Post
I've run into an issue with my retina (iMac, 4.0, m295x, SSD) where adjustments in the Develop module are very slow. If you are using Lightroom with any version of the retina iMac, would you please post a reply with your experience? Thanks.
How was it before? I've never had the luxury of a Mac that could run any Adobe app with silky smooth screen updates and no lags on sliders in the Develop module.
Ray2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2014, 09:09 AM   #4
FredT2
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray2 View Post
How was it before? I've never had the luxury of a Mac that could run any Adobe app with silky smooth screen updates and no lags on sliders in the Develop module.
I'm comparing it to a Mac Mini and a Macbook Air. Both run have no problem in the Develop module.
FredT2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2014, 07:21 AM   #5
Ray2
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredT2 View Post
I'm comparing it to a Mac Mini and a Macbook Air. Both run have no problem in the Develop module.
My wife's 1.7 i7 Mavericks (at the time) Air was very slow to update with some LR v5.5 sliders in the Develop module . I'm comparing it to Aperture, so no apples and apples comparison. Its one of the reasons I elected not to go with LR. LR was on trial and has not been reinstalled since a fresh Yosemite install, can't help there.
Ray2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2014, 07:47 AM   #6
spacedcadet
macrumors regular

Lightroom issues

Not running Lightroom on an RiMac but this was interesting. Yosemite and Lightroom/Photoshop not playing nicely yet.

http://diglloyd.com/blog/2014/201411...ed-blacks.html

See also macperformanceguide.com for retina iMac coverage.
spacedcadet is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac