Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:25 PM   #1
Milla000
macrumors newbie

Exclamation Seriously need some help!

So bassically, my iphone 3gs had a smashed glass (screen) the digitzaer and lcd were fine the phone could still be used however i gave the phone to someone to fix and they fixed the glass however they replaced the digitzaer and lcd with a 'new' one. Once i recived the phone back some of the touch didn't work therefore i gave the person the phone back and they ordered a new digitazer from china, whilst fitting this the person then replaced this but ecountered another problem, the phone doesn't come on now, it loads up and stays on the apple logo, it will then spin as if it's loading but then go back to the apple logo, the person has done a recovery through itunes but this doesn't make any diffrenece, any ideas? I'll try anything
Milla000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:47 PM   #2
Mrbobb
macrumors 601

OK assuming, this REALLY worked before FULLY even with the cracked screen.

I may have heard you really have to be careful to order the correct replacement part. There ought to be a specific part# for your phone which should have a unique identifier. Ifixit.com should have all the details. Your 3gs may have had a few hardware versions you are not aware of. UNCONFIRMED.

Then, who exactly this guy fixing your phone? If you are paying a couple of $hundreds, I'd say they guarantee fixing it, but other, you are dealing with very small parts and delicate stuff in there, you got a cheap amateur doing it, u really taking your chances.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:50 PM   #3
blueroom
macrumors 603

Get an OoW replacement from Apple. Assuming you can put it back to original parts.
blueroom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2013, 01:00 PM   #4
cambookpro
macrumors 601

I'm not completely sure of the exact legal situation, however if they don't fix it it may be worth looking in to the small claims court. Seems like they broke it.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone