Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Jan 4, 2013, 08:37 AM   #1
Quboid
macrumors 6502

iPad Mini Rocketfish case

I wanted to know if anyone here had the 'Rocketfish Mobile - Hard Shell Case' for iPad mini sold at Best Buy. I already have a smart cover and I am interested in a case that covers the back and corners of the iPad mini, apparently the Rocketfish case worker perfectly in conjunction with the smart cover and in that in theory is perfect! Any pics of how it looks would be sincerely appreciated Thanks!

PS. I am not in the US and the case seems to be limited to best buy USA.

Link
Old Jan 4, 2013, 10:34 AM   #2
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

I've seen them at BB and they look alright. Personally they look a little cheap to me and I'd go with SwitchEasy instead. Although if you're interested, someone has posted one pic here of it.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost...42&postcount=1
Old Jan 7, 2013, 09:39 AM   #3
joecatz
macrumors member

FWIW I returned a speck case and got the rocketfish backcover and smart cover for wieght purposes. My six year old dropped the mini from about 3 feet onto brick pavers with the case on, getting out of the car. Back cover stayed on, was slightly scratched, but did not come off the mini. Aside from one very minor cospetic scratch on the corner where it connects to the smart cover the ipad was not damaged at all.

the best back cover for any IPAD i've found is the incase version that is thicker, but it's not available for the mini yet.

If you're looking for thin, this is IMO the best combination out there so far.

that siad, a neoprene travel sleeve is probablya good idea as well.
joecatz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 02:39 PM   #4
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecatz View Post
FWIW I returned a speck case and got the rocketfish backcover and smart cover for wieght purposes. My six year old dropped the mini from about 3 feet onto brick pavers with the case on, getting out of the car. Back cover stayed on, was slightly scratched, but did not come off the mini. Aside from one very minor cospetic scratch on the corner where it connects to the smart cover the ipad was not damaged at all.

the best back cover for any IPAD i've found is the incase version that is thicker, but it's not available for the mini yet.

If you're looking for thin, this is IMO the best combination out there so far.

that siad, a neoprene travel sleeve is probablya good idea as well.
From what we've found here on the forums, the SwitchEasy CoverBuddy with a Smart Cover is the best solution available. As of now, it provides the best protection while still being thin.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories