Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 22, 2014, 03:00 PM   #1
macrumorshelp
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter Not working on iPad 3 after 7.1.1

I just updated my iPad 3 to 7.1.1 and now when I plug my Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter I get a message that reads "this accessory is not supported by this ipad" and I no longer get a picture on my TV (via HDMI). I see somebody else has had this problem:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6288116?tstart=0

Does anybody have any advice? This is really horrible timing, as I'm hosting a World Cup gathering today and hoping to stream from my iPad but I have a feeling that will not be happening. Thank you for your help!
macrumorshelp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2014, 05:07 PM   #2
Kryckter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrumorshelp View Post
I just updated my iPad 3 to 7.1.1 and now when I plug my Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter I get a message that reads "this accessory is not supported by this ipad" and I no longer get a picture on my TV (via HDMI). I see somebody else has had this problem:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6288116?tstart=0

Does anybody have any advice? This is really horrible timing, as I'm hosting a World Cup gathering today and hoping to stream from my iPad but I have a feeling that will not be happening. Thank you for your help!
Weird, but its been known for random stuff like this to break in betas. Post back if you figure anything out...
__________________
iOS App Developer
Kryckter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2014, 05:11 PM   #3
Intell
macrumors P6
 
Intell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Inside
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryckter View Post
Weird, but its been known for random stuff like this to break in betas. Post back if you figure anything out...
iOS 7.1.1 isn't in beta stage anymore. It's a public release as of the first post in this thread.
__________________
Last edited by Intell; Yesterday at 10:45 AM.
Intell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2014, 07:02 PM   #4
photoj2754
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
I recently gave my 3 to my sister so not sure what OS she's put on it since but I would get that same message when using the adapter and just had to pull the cover down away from the connector and make sure it was a firm connection. Always worked when I did that despite telling me it wasn't supported.
photoj2754 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2014, 09:02 PM   #5
Kryckter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intell View Post
iOS 7.1.1 isn't in beta stage anymore. It's a public release as of the first post in this thread.
Wow, for some reason I thought this was on beta. I was in the beta thread alot today. My apologies.

Maybe try to get with someone that has the same cable, could be odd timing and the cable is shot now...
__________________
iOS App Developer
Kryckter is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPad Mini: iPad Mini Retina - keyboard dock with 30 pin adapter c1phr iPad 4 May 23, 2014 03:21 AM
Digital AV adapter with lightning to 30-pin jfclazzi iPhone Accessories 2 Oct 24, 2012 09:41 PM
Hyundai and 30-pin adapter working Gozar iPhone Accessories 6 Oct 13, 2012 03:38 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC