Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jun 22, 2014, 03:00 PM   #1
macrumorshelp
macrumors newbie

Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter Not working on iPad 3 after 7.1.1

I just updated my iPad 3 to 7.1.1 and now when I plug my Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter I get a message that reads "this accessory is not supported by this ipad" and I no longer get a picture on my TV (via HDMI). I see somebody else has had this problem:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6288116?tstart=0

Does anybody have any advice? This is really horrible timing, as I'm hosting a World Cup gathering today and hoping to stream from my iPad but I have a feeling that will not be happening. Thank you for your help!
macrumorshelp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2014, 05:07 PM   #2
Kryckter
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrumorshelp View Post
I just updated my iPad 3 to 7.1.1 and now when I plug my Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter I get a message that reads "this accessory is not supported by this ipad" and I no longer get a picture on my TV (via HDMI). I see somebody else has had this problem:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6288116?tstart=0

Does anybody have any advice? This is really horrible timing, as I'm hosting a World Cup gathering today and hoping to stream from my iPad but I have a feeling that will not be happening. Thank you for your help!
Weird, but its been known for random stuff like this to break in betas. Post back if you figure anything out...
Old Jun 23, 2014, 05:11 PM   #3
Intell
macrumors P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryckter View Post
Weird, but its been known for random stuff like this to break in betas. Post back if you figure anything out...
iOS 7.1.1 isn't in beta stage anymore. It's a public release as of the first post in this thread.
Last edited by Intell; Yesterday at 10:45 AM.
Intell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2014, 07:02 PM   #4
photoj2754
macrumors member

I recently gave my 3 to my sister so not sure what OS she's put on it since but I would get that same message when using the adapter and just had to pull the cover down away from the connector and make sure it was a firm connection. Always worked when I did that despite telling me it wasn't supported.
photoj2754 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2014, 09:02 PM   #5
Kryckter
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intell View Post
iOS 7.1.1 isn't in beta stage anymore. It's a public release as of the first post in this thread.
Wow, for some reason I thought this was on beta. I was in the beta thread alot today. My apologies.

Maybe try to get with someone that has the same cable, could be odd timing and the cable is shot now...

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad