Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 23, 2014, 08:23 AM   #1
brhume
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
iPad rMini IR phenomenon diminish with time ?

Sorry to unearth this old thing.

I had totally forgotten about it on my rMini, but because of a colleague I did some tests again to reproduce it.

Is it me, or it was more difficult to reproduce and less present than when the device was brand new ?
Or maybe because the rMini was "warm" as I was using it for more than an our when I searched for IR ?

This will be surprising but ... Just technical curiosity...
brhume is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2014, 09:51 AM   #2
Charliebird
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by brhume View Post
Sorry to unearth this old thing.

I had totally forgotten about it on my rMini, but because of a colleague I did some tests again to reproduce it.

Is it me, or it was more difficult to reproduce and less present than when the device was brand new ?
Or maybe because the rMini was "warm" as I was using it for more than an our when I searched for IR ?

This will be surprising but ... Just technical curiosity...
Maybe your eyes are getting worst. Honestly I don't even want to test it on my rMini. Ignorance is bliss!
Charliebird is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2014, 09:58 AM   #3
brhume
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliebird View Post
Honestly I don't even want to test it on my rMini. Ignorance is bliss!
Total wisdom . This IR-gate has already caused too much Internet Trafic...
brhume is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2014, 10:34 AM   #4
itjw
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
I have a similar problem with my rMini:

If I crank the brightness to max, put on some Steppenwolf at max volume (bluetooth speaker with some oomph can help) and stare at the IR test screen for five hours straight: I swear I can see the Android robot....

It's spooky, and Apple should be ashamed of it's quality control.

Don't believe me? Bah! You Apple apologists and fanboys are the LAMEST.

Try it. When he starts talking to you it gets even FREAKIER.

Don't say I didn't warn you. Back to my bon... errr.... work. Ya... work

itjw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2014, 01:38 PM   #5
brhume
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by itjw View Post
I have a similar problem with my rMini:

If I crank the brightness to max, put on some Steppenwolf at max volume (bluetooth speaker with some oomph can help) and stare at the IR test screen for five hours straight: I swear I can see the Android robot....

It's spooky, and Apple should be ashamed of it's quality control.

Don't believe me? Bah! You Apple apologists and fanboys are the LAMEST.

Try it. When he starts talking to you it gets even FREAKIER.

Don't say I didn't warn you. Back to my bon... errr.... work. Ya... work

. Ok. Huuuuum. Guess should never asked. Stupid topic. Forget it.
brhume is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ipad rMini screen time. Is this real? Kapybarus iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 5 Apr 15, 2014 07:45 AM
iPad Mini: rMini yellow tint - disappears over time? ezhilk iPad 4 Feb 3, 2014 02:58 PM
All iPads: Gluttonous post; iPad Air and iPad rMini; how do you use both? duffer6 iPad 53 Jan 3, 2014 10:20 PM
iPad: iPad 4 or rMini p0x iPad 26 Dec 28, 2013 02:23 PM
All iPads: Refurb/used iPad 4 or new iPad Air or rMini?? bigpoppamac31 iPad 27 Nov 21, 2013 01:19 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC