Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Jan 4, 2013, 09:59 AM   #1
Silvereel
macrumors 6502

Close icon by certain folders

Alright, I just got a new iMac yesterday. This is my first encounter with OS X, and although I consider myself a pretty technical person, I'm a total noob with this.

I was importing some files from my old Windows system last night, and I noticed that the folders I imported how have a little close icon in the top left corner (an 'x'). The files I've created on my iMac don't look like this, and I'm wondering what the difference is. I did a check on Apple's site and looked through their Finder demos (I'm not really having any problems navigating - it's really simple, and sure beats the confusing mess that is internal Windows), but I didn't see anything that looks like this. Chances are I'm just phrasing it wrong. Does anyone know what this means? Sorry if its a really simple question
Silvereel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 10:11 AM   #2
Ryan.Tanner
macrumors regular

Can you post a screenshot?

In OSX, do Cmd+Shift+3 or Cmd+Shift+4 (to select an area to screenshot).
Old Jan 4, 2013, 10:49 AM   #3
iWaiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvereel View Post
Alright, I just got a new iMac yesterday. This is my first encounter with OS X, and although I consider myself a pretty technical person, I'm a total noob with this.

I was importing some files from my old Windows system last night, and I noticed that the folders I imported how have a little close icon in the top left corner (an 'x'). The files I've created on my iMac don't look like this, and I'm wondering what the difference is. I did a check on Apple's site and looked through their Finder demos (I'm not really having any problems navigating - it's really simple, and sure beats the confusing mess that is internal Windows), but I didn't see anything that looks like this. Chances are I'm just phrasing it wrong. Does anyone know what this means? Sorry if its a really simple question
do they have a progress bar as well as the cross in a circle

the cross is the stop copying clickable

there is a bug that causes this ,shut down and restart it should fix it
iWaiting is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 11:34 AM   #4
Silvereel
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWaiting View Post
do they have a progress bar as well as the cross in a circle

the cross is the stop copying clickable

there is a bug that causes this ,shut down and restart it should fix it
That'd be it, thanks. This is what I thought at first, but when it didn't disappear once they were finished copying I thought it might be something else. Thanks!
Silvereel is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion