Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Snoogans925

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2008
Pittsburg, CA
Hi there guys. Sorry if this has already been discussed or if this us in the wrong section, but I'm kind of a novice when it comes to forums and couldn't come up with any hits through my normal search mediums...

Anyways, my question is whether or not its possible to run two different versions of itunes on my macbook pro. The reason for this, is that my ipad2 is jailbroken in ios 5 and I don't want to lost my jailbreak.

So, if you know of a way to run 2 different versions of itunes or whether or not updating to itunes 11 will make me lose my jailbreak, your input would be much appreciated.

Thank you. :)

SingularityG

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2012
I think it's impossible to run two different versions of iTunes under OS X or Windows.

On the bright side, updating to iTunes 11 shouldn't mess up your jailbreak.;)

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
Get VMWare Fusion, it can run OS-X. Thus install OS-X in a virtual machine, install the old version of iTunes you want there. Then never update it.

Thus your primary machine has the most up to date iTunes and OS; and the virtual machine is the older version.

Reactions: TRDmanAE86
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.