|Jan 4, 2013, 01:29 PM||#1|
2011 Imac, first timer, need some advice
Hi guys, long story short, havent had a mac since the LC3 years ago. Worked at Microsoft, was PC for ever, now i purchased an Imac and was wondering a couple things:
1. I only have an internal 500gb sata HD on my PC, best way to clone data?
2. Regarding the HD how can I use it as a back up, do I need an exernal enclosure first? I would assume but what about power etc.
3. What do I need app wise to make it more effidcient. Does Mountain Lion come with any aps from Ilife or is it a seperate purchase. Seller said it doesnt have ilife, but what about iphoto etc?
4. Lastly, and I cant find this answer, but is the graphics card at all upgradeable? Its a 12,2 model and i just dont know where to look online.
|Jan 4, 2013, 01:53 PM||#2|
1) If you want to back up then time machine is a good option. If you want to make a completely bootable clone, then SuperDuper is a very good free option (http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDup...scription.html). As to cloning your PC HD there are many software options, however if you merely want to import documents then simply copy and pasting the folders over using a USB is easiest.
2) You would need an external enclosure to use it on your Mac, or you could open it up and install it in the disk drive bay if your brave! A simple google will show up many suutable enclosures.
3) My mac came with iMovie, iPhoto etc, but I can't guarantee yours will. You really don't need any apps to make it more efficient, but Alfred (basically a more powerful spotlight search app) can improve your workflow.
You may want to look into copying your windows system to bootcamp - that way you can still have a perfect copy of all your fies and data as and when you need it.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Advice wanted: iMac Mid 2011 to 680TX||fyp008||iMac||1||Sep 17, 2013 02:50 PM|
|Timer Coalescing on Early 2011 MBP||Patman||OS X Mavericks (10.9)||3||Jun 14, 2013 03:21 PM|
|27" iMac 12,2 (2011) Price Advice||MRG52||Buying Tips and Advice||2||Jun 4, 2013 04:05 PM|
|Add SSD to 2011 27 inch iMac. Advice please.||ElCani||iMac||7||Feb 6, 2013 10:36 AM|
|2011 iMac to 2012 cMBP Advice?||Orlandoech||MacBook Pro||8||Aug 4, 2012 09:31 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 AM.