Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
all of a sudden, after updating Words with Friends to 5.70 2 days ago, the app seems to be causing a freeze followed by the phone rebooting. only happens in this app...anyone else have this issue? it appears on their reviews in App Store reflect others with crashing problems too.

AppleCore77

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2012
Yep me too. Not all the time, but it makes the phone fade to black and reboot. Very annoying. I sent a message to them yesterday about it but haven't heard anything back.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Yep me too. Not all the time, but it makes the phone fade to black and reboot. Very annoying. I sent a message to them yesterday about it but haven't heard anything back.

yea does the same for me. i checked their forums and apparently its a common thing now since the update. hopefully it will get fixed. and on a side note, last time i emailed them with a bug, they sent me 10 free tile counts. nothing crazy but free nonetheless. hopefully you hear back.

windowstomac

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2011
I went back to playing WWF a few days ago after six months off and it seems really flaky and stuttery now.

AppleCore77

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2012
yea does the same for me. i checked their forums and apparently its a common thing now since the update. hopefully it will get fixed. and on a side note, last time i emailed them with a bug, they sent me 10 free tile counts. nothing crazy but free nonetheless. hopefully you hear back.

I did hear back but it wasn't anything that I already tried and/or what the help states. They pretty much copy and pasted the response from the help section...useless!

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
all of a sudden, after updating Words with Friends to 5.70 2 days ago, the app seems to be causing a freeze followed by the phone rebooting. only happens in this app...anyone else have this issue? it appears on their reviews in App Store reflect others with crashing problems too.

Have you tired delete and reinstall? I know "Where's my Water?" had a similar situation and that solved it.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Have you tired delete and reinstall? I know "Where's my Water?" had a similar situation and that solved it.

in the thread on their forum that i found, apparently deleting and reinstalling doesnt help. would make sense since the last bug i found wasnt fixed by that either.

Lizziewizzie

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2013
NY
Words with Friends on iPad mini

I am having the same problem on my iPad mini since the update. I will touch the app to play, get to the Word WF screen, then it turns black and reboots the ipad mini. Very annoying, happens almost every time I play it now. I did uninstall and reinstall, but it didn't change anything. I also restarted the ipad myself, and still no change. For now the app is off the mini. For whatever reason, it is working fine:confused: on my iphone 4.......

Fiskers99

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2013
I am so relieved to find this thread. I had the apple store replace my iPhone 5 last week over this issue and it happened on the replacement today. I did a restore and it has happened since. Thank you for all verifying I'm not nuts!

Joniegreen

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2013
Thank y'all so much. I just got my iPhone and I thought something was wrong with it because it keep resetting when I played words with friends. Glad to know it is the app not the phone.

mortfe

macrumors regular
May 31, 2008
I have been back and forth with Zynga ever since the update. Will not admit that they screwed up. Reset database, reload app. Nothing but BS. Only on iPad and only HD version. They need to update the app and don;t seem interested enough as long as they got their money. But that was always their attitude. Their customer service sucks.

adam1976

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2013
Screen dissolves to black, then phone reboots

Only happening since the latest update of Words With Friends. Screen will freeze, then dissolve to black, and then the phone will reboot itself (rather quickly). Glad I found this thread instead of exchanging my iPhone like I'm sure 1000s of people have been doing. Costing Apple money. They should take notice. You should contact both Apple and Zynga to complain about the bug. Twitter (for Zynga) and customer service are a good place to start. Bug is more annoying than harmful (I hope!).

lsh1991

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2012
This has been happening to me too and is very frustrating. Hopefully we will see a fix soon.

adam1976

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2013
Only happening since the latest update of Words With Friends. Screen will freeze, then dissolve to black, and then the phone will reboot itself (rather quickly). Glad I found this thread instead of exchanging my iPhone like I'm sure 1000s of people have been doing. Costing Apple money. They should take notice. You should contact both Apple and Zynga to complain about the bug. Twitter (for Zynga) and customer service are a good place to start. Bug is more annoying than harmful (I hope!).

I wrote to Marc Pincus (founder and CEO) on Twitter and he responded immediately. I'm sure Zynga will address the bug shortly and send out an update. No problems with customer service so far, great company. They are "checking" into it.
:)

sccaldwell

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2003
Me, too...iPhone 4S, latest iOS and WWD versions. Doesn't happen every time I launch it, maybe 1 in 10. Enough to be annoying.

mortfe

macrumors regular
May 31, 2008
Just released an update. So far, so good. Played for about an hour without crashing on the iPad. No freezes either. Hope they finally got it right.

adam1976

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2013
iPhone Update??

A WWF update for the iPad? One hasn't been released for the iPhone app yet. Grr.

iPad was updated - version 5.8 I believe. No update for iPhone yet. Although servers were down on Jan 15th - maybe they were trying to work it out then. My iPhone 5 seems to be working fine now when I play, my wife's still crashing. She has deleted and reinstalled the app a few times already.

silsprbea

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2013
Same reboot problem with new iphone

I just got a new Iphone 5 and it is happening. the app was crasing a lot on my ipad and iphone 4, but never would it reboot. Its comforting to know that I probably didn't get a bad iphone!

AppleCore77

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2012
It's still happening to me but not as often. From what I've noticed, it seems to happen only against the friends I play with who only use a PC/web browser to play. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but that's who it crashes on me with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.