Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seajay96

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
So, I have a MBP13 with iTunes 11 and an iPhone 4s with iOS 6.0.1 and iTunes Match enabled. For Christmas, I got a CD from my girlfriend of her and her kids singing (absolutely beautiful singers :) ). How do I get this onto my iPhone? I've been trying a bunch of different things and searching but my Google-fu must be weak today, I can't find anything that works.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Feed Me

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Location Location
Just import the CD into iTunes, and iTunes match will automatically upload the tracks to the cloud, and they'll become available on your iPhone.

seajay96

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
Just import the CD into iTunes, and iTunes match will automatically upload the tracks to the cloud, and they'll become available on your iPhone.

Thanks for the help but, I already tried that and it didn't work.

Turns out, even though iTunes will play a CD full of .m4a files, it will not import without first converting to .mp3

I changed the import settings from .aac to .mp3, imported the songs, updated album/artist info and sent them to iCloud...all is well now.

Now, to see if I can't get a custom picture as album artwork :)

nmckaskle

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2008
It used to be that I could put any mp3 recording, whether it was music or not, into a playlist and it would sync that playlist to the phone. Match breaks this and now I can't do anything that isn't music.

All I want to do is put an audio recording of some interview I downloaded onto my phone and listen to it there. Why does it have to be music now?

How do I get it onto my phone? Why do they make this so hard?

nmckaskle

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2008
I figured out a better way to get non-music, interview type recordings onto it. Put it in a podcast feed and use Instacast or some other podcast app instead. It's really sad that this is the easier way, you'd think by 2013 it'd be simple to get a freaking mp3 onto the most popular mp3 player.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
Turn off iTunes Match, load "stuff" onto the phone, and then turn iTunes Match back on.

This is bad advice. When you load music to the phone and then turn iTunes Match on again it will delete any music on the phone already. It states this when you try to turn it on.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
This is bad advice. When you load music to the phone and then turn iTunes Match on again it will delete any music on the phone already. It states this when you try to turn it on.

It states it but it doesn't do it. That's how I put a chunk of my favorite songs on after any reset. There are many threads on this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.