Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Quotenfrau

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
A search for "Reddit" gives 484 hits. But for the Reddit clients "Envelope Reader" and "Reditr" there are no topics :D

What client for OS X do you recommend me? Envelope and Reditr have no advantage over the browser version. Search something better :cool:

Lara F

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2005
Montreal, Quebec
I didn't know the Alien Blue dev was working on an OSX client! :D Awesome news, hope it's not too far away from release.

ETA - just saw that comments are from a year ago. :( I hope it wasn't abandoned...

Quotenfrau

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
I didn't know the Alien Blue dev was working on an OSX client! :D Awesome news, hope it's not too far away from release.

ETA - just saw that comments are from a year ago. :( I hope it wasn't abandoned...

I guess it's Vaporware :p

----------

I found other Reddit client called Reddit HD. A Youtube-Review of user iDoiStuff shows how the software constantly crashes :mad:
Additionally the developer use the trademark Reddit unauthorized.

Reviews in App Store:

It's ok.

by Simona Tonangi

I use Alien Blue on my iPad and iPhone. It's the best Reddit app. I wanted to get an app for my Mac. This isn't a bad app, but it's really slow. When you comment it basically looks like an iframe from the Reddit website. I love Reddit, but I hate the format of the website. Alien Blue makes is pretty. I thought this app was going to the same. It doesn't. What a let down.
Does nothing but freeze and crash

by ybomb2012

The app freezes and crashed on every other click. It looks nice and pretty but since it doesn't work it is useless. It is also extremely slow. Save your money and wait for Alien Blue.

Running the most updated version on lion.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
A search for "Reddit" gives 484 hits. But for the Reddit clients "Envelope Reader" and "Reditr" there are no topics :D

What client for OS X do you recommend me? Envelope and Reditr have no advantage over the browser version. Search something better :cool:

Have you tried using a browser with the Reddit Enhancement Suite extension? I use RES with Safari and it works well. Once you learn some of the KB shortcuts, you can zip through Reddit posts.

Quotenfrau

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Even Open Source (RES is licensed under GPLv3). Do you upload some screenshots of it? Thanks

There really is not much to see in a screenshot. Most of what it adds is management/filtering plus KB shortcuts. Give it a try and poke around in the RES options and you will see.

Quotenfrau

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
Anybody tried "Lurk for Reddit - Vojto Rinik"? Any review?

Customers are angry that Vojto Rinik censores NSFW posts. No other reviews.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lurk-for-reddit/id685834800?mt=12

- Add all of your favourite subreddits
- Create your own frontpage for every topic by organising subreddits into folders
- Instant comments loading with keyboard shortcut ⌘+2
- Compact mode for quick browsing your frontpages
- Keep track of posts you've already seen
- Open any post in your web browser
- Switch between hot, new or top posts

Disclaimer: Lurk doesn't display any NSFW content. Come on guys, let's show some class.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.