Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jan 5, 2013, 03:04 PM   #1
urbanmacUser
macrumors regular

Quitting to Lock Screen at Random

My iPad mini randomly quits apps and returns you to the PIN lock screen. Does it in Mail, Safari and other apps. Its on latest iOS update.

Is this a known issue?
urbanmacUser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2013, 08:57 AM   #2
urbanmacUser
macrumors regular

460 views and no replies?

Not a known issue then?
Old Jan 6, 2013, 09:21 AM   #3
Rodster
macrumors 68030

1) Check your settings and see if you have a quick timeout to auto-lock. The shortest time is 2mins up to never.

2) If the above doesn't help you try a hardware reset. Simultaneously press and hold down the home and power buttons until the screen goes blank and the Apple logo appears. Release the buttons when the Apple logo appears. You've reset the device and you don't lose any data.
Rodster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2013, 11:15 AM   #4
urbanmacUser
macrumors regular

I've worked it out.

The case is causing it to shut off. If you fold the case I bought (non Apple) all the way open so the front is folded flat against the back when the magnets line up it shuts the iPad off. As you use it in your hand and the case moves around a little it eventually lines up and off goes the iPad!

The magnets are too strong.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ls_o00_s00_i00

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad