Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

piatti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
USA
I think it would be a much cheaper option to get iPod Touch 4 instead of the iPhone 5 or iPod touch 5.

But the only problem is that iPhone 4 was kind of slow, so I worry that iPod Touch 4 would be slow too. So is there an iPod Touch 4s? that is not as slow?

piatti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
USA
But I don't like the fact that 5 is long. It is hard to hold it with one hand.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
IPT5 is an absolute beauty and its as close as Iphone 5 with less than half the price.

But since Ipad mini came out, Its hard to decide. The price is so close and the mini battery is much more impressive.

cobbyco

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2012
2010 - iPod touch 4th Gen = not worth buying
2011 - iPod touch 4th Gen in white = not worth buying, it's EXACTLY the same as the 2010 one
2012 - iPod touch 5th Gen = definatly worth buying

A common misconception is that the iPod touch released in 2011 has better internals, but this isn't the case. The only difference is the front glass panel which could be bought in white or the pre-existing black. BOTH THE 2010 AND 2011 MODELS HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME INTERNALS! NO A5, NO BETTER CAMERAS, NO IMPROVED DISPLAY, AND NO SIRI!

HughMassie

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2013
2011 - iPod touch 4th Gen in white = not worth buying, it's EXACTLY the same as the 2010 one

A common misconception is that the iPod touch released in 2011 has better internals, but this isn't the case. The only difference is the front glass panel which could be bought in white or the pre-existing black. BOTH THE 2010 AND 2011 MODELS HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME INTERNALS! NO A5, NO BETTER CAMERAS, NO IMPROVED DISPLAY, AND NO SIRI!

Thanks for this information. I was also looking to buy iPod. I was confused between iPod and iPhone.

Still doing some research on it. My friend told me about this forum for iOS.

I'm a user of android phone, have HTC One S and wanted to give try to iOS.

Lets see what I decide in next few days :)

piatti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
USA
Why is the 2010 not worth it? I can see that 2011 is not worth it because its exactly same.

iEvolution

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
Why is the 2010 not worth it? I can see that 2011 is not worth it because its exactly same.

Because its running the A4 processor...a processor that has trouble keeping things running smoothly with the apps these days. Not to mention the pathetic 256MB of RAM it carries which also contributes to lag of the device. I use my 4th gen as a PDA and if I don't close programs manually once and a while it gets slow.

The 5th generation has a much better processor (dual core A5) as well as double the RAM (512MB).

It's insulting that Apple continues to try to nickel and dime people with hardware that is going on 3 years old. Why Apple didn't just introduce a 16GB 5th gen for $200-$220 is beyond me because the iPod 4th Gen is not worth the asking price these days.

If price is a issue and you aren't hooked into iTunes the Galaxy Player is a better value even though it lacks a dual core it runs very smooth and has a larger screen.

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
Anyone complaining about one handed use must have tiny hands . Or I have large hands. I can use a droid dna one handed with relative comfort. It's a bit of a stretch and I kind of have to angle the device to get my thumb up to the corner but its certainly no big deal. The 4 inch screen is nothing.

thehustleman

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2013
IPT5 is an absolute beauty and its as close as Iphone 5 with less than half the price.

But since Ipad mini came out, Its hard to decide. The price is so close and the mini battery is much more impressive.

Iphone 5 32gb = 300
IPod touch 32gb = 300
They are the same price

piatti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
USA
No, carriers will not allow smartphones without data plans. They don't want to lose out on the $.

How much money couldy you save if for four iPhones in the family, you instead got a voice phone and four iPod touch instead? (Carrying two things?)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.