Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jackmucky1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2013
I went out and got an iPhone 5 2 days ago now from the Apple store closest to me. Today comes and I get 2 unexpected bills to pay with no money!

I've opened and used the iPhone and there is not a mark on it anywhere. I've been led to believe that Apple will refund my iPhone even though it's been used, and I have up to 14 days to do this? Is this true?

I just find it a little hard to believe with Apple being well.. Apple that they follow this procedure! If someone could confirm this, it would be greatly appreciated. :D

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
The Digital Frontier
The Apple store isn't really that close to me so I don't wanna go all the way down there to get turned away

You could call ahead first to see if you can get a refund. But tell them you aren't happy with the product, most stores, especially with Apple and with their satifaction guarantee thing, would more than likely give you are refund.

Jonobigblind

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2008
Surely if you want the definitive answer you should call the store and ask an employee directly.

Not sure if any answers from a bunch of randoms around the world would stand up in a discussion with Apple about the technicalities of their returns policy.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
As long as you bought it from the Apple store, and have the receipt, yes, you'll get a refund no problems.

You have 30 days (it says so on the back of the receipt), and on the front of the receipt it will say the "Returns date" - this is your deadline to do so :).

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
The Digital Frontier
Surely if you want the definitive answer you should call the store and ask an employee directly.

Not sure if any answers from a bunch of randoms around the world would stand up in a discussion with Apple about the technicalities of their returns policy.

Actually I was bored on Christmas Eve and read their return policy of course with it being in leagalese I didn't understand a single for. It. But the people who work at the apple store are human beings at the of the end day and can most certainly be reasoned with.

jackmucky1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2013
Yeah I planned on phoning up in the morning as it's 2:07am right now but I'm just the impatient type! Apple say that they will do refund an iPhone if you're unsatisfied with it which I assume means you've opened it and played about but it seems a bit too good to be true.

jackmucky1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2013
So long as the device has no accidental damage or anything you can return the device no matter what so long as it is in the return period.

There is almost a dont ask dont tell policy. They may ask why but you can state whatever you want. You dont have to state that it is not satisfactory considering thats not the whole truth (i hope :) ).

Thanks for that answer, really answered my question! So even if I've used it, they'll give me a refund? And of course it's not unsatisfactory! It's like heaven :cool:

buryfan

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2012
To my knowledge you get 14 days from purchase to get a full refund, after that if there is a problem with the phone they will only fix it

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
I'm not sure what you're confused by, pretty much every consumer electronics product in existence offers some type of return policy. As others have said you can call them to verify this or look at the receipt from the purchase, any method will verify this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.