Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DJIceT

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2005
i don't know whether i should buy the APP with my 12" iBook or not, but i'm having a deal.

there is currently a promo at my apple store, that if you buy the APP with the computer at the same time, you get alot of discount, so:

Regular APP for 12" iBook: $389
Student Discount: $298
Same-day discountL $229

these are canadian dollars btw, for the Yorkdale Retail Store Toronto

final question for everyone: did you or did you not buy the APP? Why and why not? and if you did, did you use it?

thanks all

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
I'll give you the same advice I give everyone who asks me based on my experience...if you get a portable...get AppleCare, if not then you don't need to buy it unless it will provide peace of mind for you. Just my 2 cents... ;)

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
yoda13 said:
I'll give you the same advice I give everyone who asks me based on my experience...if you get a portable...get AppleCare, if not then you don't need to buy it unless it will provide peace of mind for you. Just my 2 cents... ;)

ditto- exactly what i was going to say. this is sound advice

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
If you don't care about saving the 70 Canadian, you could wait 10 months or so, and then add the Applecare.

Marneus

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2005
I got it. My only other experiance with a laptop was an absolutely woeful NEC Versa Note back in 1999-2002...I got 4 years warranty on it (school thing) and was making a claim every other week. Hence, I have an unshakable opinion that laptops are much, much more likely to pack up then desktops, and at least with desktops, I can simply open it up and fix it myself.

My 2 cents anyway...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.