Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Jan 6, 2013, 11:01 AM   #1
Arman
macrumors regular

Help recommend iPad 4 case for family man

I searched through the forums and I have general idea of what I'm interested in but wanted to get some additional input from my MacRumor experts.

So here are my needs:

Protection. I have a 16 month old boy. I don't let him near the iPad but I can imagine in a year or so he may be ready for some supervised use. I wouldn't trust him with a ten foot pole. He has already laid waste to wife's iPhone 4 (thank goodness for Apple Care+)

Flat back. I'll explain. I have on order a Slope Dekke Stand (kickstarter project). This only works with a flat surface. The material shouldn't matter.

Function. I have Logitech K760 solar keyboard already. Something to allow the case to hold the keyboard in bed would a be great.

I'm gonna keep looking on this forum, iLounge, and dig through Amazon reviews some more but the choices are overwhelming.
Arman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2013, 11:30 AM   #2
sixxmum
macrumors 6502

I wish I could help, because I agree that the choices are so many that it's really hard to make a decision! I wonder if you would want to go with an Otterbox or similar for the protection factor?
sixxmum is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2013, 06:07 PM   #3
ZZ Bottom
macrumors 6502a

I recommend the otterbox defender, which can be had for 50$ on Amazon. It has a flat back, and includes a protector shell that snaps on the front or back and doubles as a multi-angle stand. You probably won't use the shell when you get your kick starter accessory, but it's nice to have.

The otterbox does add some weight, but it is mostly offset by the fact that it adds a raised edge around the front for easier gripping. The build quality is excellent.

Note: the case comes ipwith a built in screen protector which is great if young children may handle. Since its adhered to the case, it acts as a spill barrier. However, I removed the protector from my case in favor of the one I had attached to the ipad already.
ZZ Bottom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 11:32 PM   #4
mofunk
macrumors 68000

Check out Metagamers reviews on youtube. He has some nice stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/user/metagamers

Like you said its a lot. I don't have a case, just a sleeve. What I generally go with is a brand that I trust. Some you can find at discount store, like Incase, Belkin, etc. I like Timbuk2 and Incase stuff. I don't have a case but the Timbuk2 sleeve and the Apple cover thing.

You have a lot of options. Sleeve with back cover. I make kids wash their hands before using my iPad. lol Also they cannot eat or drink around it. If I see them doing that, their privileges are revoked.
mofunk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:19 PM   #5
Arman
macrumors regular

Thanks for the information guys. I'm holding for now until the Slope stand comes in. For now I bought the Kidz case on monoprice to guard agains the little one. It's a little silly looking but it gets the job done and has a built in case. Once the stand comes in I think I will try and pickup the Otterbox Defender and see if works with the stand.
Arman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:59 PM   #6
ancee
Banned

You can check this one!
http://www.bargaincell.com/search/Ev...er-Case-ipad-4
ancee is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories