Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bcc212

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
I've got a TPU case for mine which protects the back, however, when its packed away in my bag the front is still exposed.

I like using it as is and don't really need or want a Smart Cover. So on that note, has anyone seen an ipad mini specific sleeve?

I've seen a couple on eBay which are hand made, although feedback isn't great about them.

Cheers.

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006
Good question. For mine I bought the Smart Cover and like you I was concerned about the back of the device so I bought a soft, padded case (on UK eBay - link here) that was supposed to fit a mini with Smart Cover, so seemed like the perfect solution. The case is ideal in concept, but the size (which they must have assumed and went ahead and fabricated a bunch of cases because they had the product available for sale day 1 when the mini was launched) is a bit tight when the mini is wearing its Smart Cover. The case is loosening a bit over time and it's easier to slide the mini in it, but it would have been nice to have a looser fitting case (as they advertised).

ougum

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2008
Wirelessly posted (iPod Touch)

My mini fit in this one from Radio Shack.

http://m.radioshack.com/radioshack/product/detail.do?itemId=12576419&categoryId=&cust_categoryId=&path=

bcc212

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
Sorry forgot to say I'm in the uk.

eBay link looks good!

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Check out Etsy. I found a great one for $20 that I absolutely love. (The iCarbons skin is no longer on my iPad.)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    798.8 KB · Views: 240

xkmxkmxlmx

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2011
Waterfield all the way. These things are A-class for sure.

http://sfbags.com/products/ipad-cases/ipad-cases.php

I have the simple slip case. They make them in a couple different sizes (bare mini, or smart covered mini). They are snug. Perfect for travel. And the inside is SUPER soft and actually cleans the iPad when as you push and pull it out.

klover

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Do you use the Mini version with the Smart Cover or a back case? If so, how's the fit?

Despite Radtech's suggestion that it's compatible with the Smart Cover, it really isn't. It was next to impossible to get it into the sleeve and I quit halfway - just wasn't going to happen.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Despite Radtech's suggestion that it's compatible with the Smart Cover, it really isn't. It was next to impossible to get it into the sleeve and I quit halfway - just wasn't going to happen.

I'm really glad you posted this. I was going to order one, but I use a CoverBuddy on the back and a Smart Cover and just wasn't sure if it would work. I'll stick with my sleeve from Etsy. Seriously, thanks for posting this. You just saved me $20.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
I have the RadTech Sleevz for the iPad Mini, and although it takes a bit of doing, a bit of wrestling the first few times, it WILL indeed fit the Mini plus the Smart Cover. I doubt that it would fit with anything else on the back. The fit IS snug. The first time, I put the iPad Mini in there by itself, and that works very well. Next, I slowly maneuvered the Smart Cover in there and then had a small piece hanging out, but the basic thing was in there. Next I worked with inserting the Mini with the Smart Cover on -- it takes some doing but each time one does it, that helps to stretch out the fabric a bit and makes it a little easier. Actually, what I had been doing until the new iPad Mini-sized one arrived was to use my larger one that I have for the regular-sized iPad, slipping the Mini into it, folding it over at the top and sticking it into my bag. That works well for protecting the Mini while in a bag and also makes it pretty quick to remove/insert back into the Sleevz as needed. This way since Day One when leaving the house my Mini has had protection on the back. Once I get the smaller Sleevz stretched a bit, that will be the one which goes on the Mini when it leaves the house.

Instructions from the RadTech website:

To put on: Grasp the RadSleevz case at one of the ends, with your left thumb inside the cavity, and let the case hang vertically from your thumb. With your right hand, grasp your iPad in the center - back edge toward your palm. Drop the end of the reader into the dependent end of the RadSleevz. Pull the upper end of the RadSleevz (left hand) over the top edge of the reader, and pull on as far as possible. While still holding the iPad in the center, slide the bottom, then the top of the RadSleevz onto the device.

To remove: Grasp the iPad in the center. Pinch the bottom, center of the RadSleevz and slide straight off.

Last edited:

greenyoga

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2012
GGMM iPad pouch is what i highly recommend,this envelope style pouch can also used as a stand when you don't use it to carry iPad,simple but practical accessory for your iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.