Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheGreenBastard

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2012
Halifax
Wasnt sure if I should put this here or in iPhone section, but anyway here it is.

I bought 10 GB of storage on iCloud, and would obviously like to continue using it, however, I want to change my Apple ID from live.com to me.com.

Is there any way to retain my paid storage or will I have to contact Apple?

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
You can't change it to anything @me or @icloud. Apple doesn't allow it. But, even you were to change it to an @anyemail.com, you'd still retain your storage as you're just changing your email address.

Now if you dumped your @live ID and created a new one, you'd lose your storage as it's tied to the first ID you bought it with.

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
Wasnt sure if I should put this here or in iPhone section, but anyway here it is.

I bought 10 GB of storage on iCloud, and would obviously like to continue using it, however, I want to change my Apple ID from live.com to me.com.

Is there any way to retain my paid storage or will I have to contact Apple?

No. You would have to switch Apple accounts entirely and, as a result, buy the upgraded storage on the @icloud.com account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.