Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kyomagi

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2010
I had Best buy install a zagg hd screen protector, and 24 hours later its 99% nice, however, it looks like the screen is either wet or you know when you touch the screen a lot and have that grainy grease look? Kinda like that.

Hard to explain, but it makes the retina display look funky

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
I had Best buy install a zagg hd screen protector, and 24 hours later its 99% nice, however, it looks like the screen is either wet or you know when you touch the screen a lot and have that grainy grease look? Kinda like that.

Hard to explain, but it makes the retina display look funky

Not sure, but there's an orange peel effect with Zagg's. I avoid Zagg screen protectors, the best brands are SPG (Spigen) and Power Support.

kyomagi

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2010
Not sure, but there's an orange peel effect with Zagg's. I avoid Zagg screen protectors, the best brands are SPG (Spigen) and Power Support.

thats a good way to describe it. of the two you listed, which would you pick? I have tried spg before too.

I just hope BB will return it for an unhappy customer.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
I think what your describing is oil/grease from your fingers

Just wipe the screen with a cloth

Docd62

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012

He's talking about the Zagg HD it has no orange peel effect like the standard Zagg shield.

And yes it is most likely the oil from the fingers causing the problem.

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
thats a good way to describe it. of the two you listed, which would you pick? I have tried spg before too.

I just hope BB will return it for an unhappy customer.

Power Support is really good but to get the crystal clear ones you'll probably need to find a import somewhere, Spigen make good ones too, the oleophobic or glass R. ones.

kyomagi

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2010
He's talking about the Zagg HD it has no orange peel effect like the standard Zagg shield.

And yes it is most likely the oil from the fingers causing the problem.

i tried wiping it off, but it looks like its all over the bottom of the screen protector

Docd62

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
i tried wiping it off, but it looks like its all over the bottom of the screen protector

So does it appear to be under the Zagg. If that's the case theymay have not cleaned it well before putting it on. If it doesn't clear up after 2-3 days I would have put another one on that there expense of coarse.

kyomagi

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2010
So does it appear to be under the Zagg. If that's the case theymay have not cleaned it well before putting it on. If it doesn't clear up after 2-3 days I would have put another one on that there expense of coarse.

ya, i am starting to think that the screen protectors are never truly crystal clear. Since i have a full case on mine, i might as well just take it off to get the full effect of the retina display

jf1450

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2012
I bet they messed it up. I put a Zagg HD on my wife's i5 a week or so ago and if you didn't know it was there you wouldn't notice. It took 2-3 days to fully "settle in" for lack of a better term. You just have to follow the enclosed directions to the letter.

Jeff

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.