Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Jan 6, 2013, 10:13 PM   #1
dreamerdonkey
macrumors member

Question Is here any iPad app developer here????

Hi, I am a new iPad developer. And I am also new in this forum. Is any other app developer in this forum??? I post here because I don't see any developer section. If I am in the wrong place please redirect me. And I really need some help now. I need a good marketing strategy. Our team is not that big and we don't have enough financial strength to hire any marketing agency. Please give me some suggestion.
dreamerdonkey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 08:55 AM   #2
ctdonath
macrumors 65816

There is a forum for programming here: MacRumors Forums -> Apple Systems and Services > Programming -> iPhone/iPad Programming

I'm a developer, but have nothing to do with marketing.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/ios is very helpful: lots of good answers to lots of common and obscure technical questions.
ctdonath is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 05:23 PM   #3
thewitt
macrumors 68000

To market your app, you need to put it in front of your target audience.

Though this might sound simple, it is the key to success.

If your app is for dentists, advertise in their professional journal, for musicians, in the magazines that dominate their reading.

If you have written yet another generic game, you need to decide who your audience is and what they see on a daily basis. Perhaps you need to buy ads inside other apps they use....but you need to get your app in front of your customer to generate sales.
thewitt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:50 AM   #4
dreamerdonkey
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdonath View Post
There is a forum for programming here: MacRumors Forums -> Apple Systems and Services > Programming -> iPhone/iPad Programming

I'm a developer, but have nothing to do with marketing.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/ios is very helpful: lots of good answers to lots of common and obscure technical questions.
Well, then you are lucky. By the way I forget to mention that I am an indie developer and I have to do a lot of work by my own, designing, marketing and all other kind of stuff. By the way Even I have to play my own game if it don't get any sell. Thank you any way :P
dreamerdonkey is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps