Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jan 6, 2013, 10:24 PM   #1
gc15
macrumors regular

Got a question about ibooks.

Alright so i bought a book on my ipad, but for some reason when i sync it to my computer, the book doesnt show up in my itunes. I dont know another way to start the transfer. Any advice?
gc15 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2013, 10:45 PM   #2
wrosie
macrumors member

Did you try accessing it with the iBooks app?
wrosie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2013, 11:03 PM   #3
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc15 View Post
Alright so i bought a book on my ipad, but for some reason when i sync it to my computer, the book doesnt show up in my itunes. I dont know another way to start the transfer. Any advice?
You can go back to your 'Purchased' section from the iTunes Store and re-download the book again so it'll be in iTunes. It won't charge you again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrosie View Post
Did you try accessing it with the iBooks app?
In iTunes? The OP can't find the book in iTunes.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 11:29 PM   #4
gc15
macrumors regular

what if im doing it a different computer, as long as im loged in on my account it will still download correct?
Old Jan 6, 2013, 11:46 PM   #5
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
what if im doing it a different computer, as long as im loged in on my account it will still download correct?
Yes, but I highly recommend keeping your all of your library on one machine. It will make it much easier to browse and keep organized.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 11:50 PM   #6
gc15
macrumors regular

I'm actually converting all my iTune files from my old computer to my Mac. The reason I asked about the book is because it wasn't in my iTunes on my old computer so I didn't wanna lose something that I paid for, you know.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 11:53 PM   #7
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
I'm actually converting all my iTune files from my old computer to my Mac. The reason I asked about the book is because it wasn't in my iTunes on my old computer so I didn't wanna lose something that I paid for, you know.
Gotcha. While everything is available via your 'Purchased' section, it's always better to keep a local copy in the event your app/book/media gets removed from the store.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad