Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Denver80203

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
I have a Mac OS X, version 10.6.8 and I am wanting to set up some external speakers with it so I can play music from my iTunes throughout my house.

1. Is there any way to use the internal speaker on my MAC while an external bluetooth speaker is being used, too?

2. Is there any way to utilize more than one bluetooth speaker at the same time so I can have a speaker in two different rooms?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I have a Mac OS X, version 10.6.8 and I am wanting to set up some external speakers with it so I can play music from my iTunes throughout my house.

1. Is there any way to use the internal speaker on my MAC while an external bluetooth speaker is being used, too?

2. Is there any way to utilize more than one bluetooth speaker at the same time so I can have a speaker in two different rooms?
I believe you can only pair with one set of speakers at a time.

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
Go AirPlay instead. You can do it towards receivers from Marantz or others and towards powered speakers such as Altec InAir 5000. On the Mac you can transmit to multiple devices.

AirPlay delivers higher quality signal than Bluetooth.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.