Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hazza555

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2013
Hi,

I am trying to install a 32-bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium on my 2006 Mac Pro, yet I am having a slight issue. Everything runs fine until the first restart in the installation process. When it reboots, it just returns back to the start of the set up process rather than proceeding on to the final part of the set up. If I remove the installation disc then all I get is black screen with a flashing cursor in the top left corner of the screen, upon restart.

This is leaving me very confused. I have read a lot about running 64-bit on a Mac Pro 1,1 but nothing on 32-bit.

Specs:

Mac Pro 2,1
2x 2.66 Ghz Xeon
8 GB ram
GeForce 7300 GT
OS X Lion 10.7.5

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

chrisswain

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2015
The issue is with windows x86 and Mac pro,

Why use x86 home premium it cannot support your hardware

you only get 3.5 gig of ram
you only get 2 processor cores from either 4 or 8 depending if you have upgraded your processors
have you used bootcamp to create a windows partition or is it installed on a separate harddisk

Your best option is Window 7 Pro or ultimate x64

ghislain

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2009
It looks like your mac try to boot on your installation disk upon reboot. Have you tried, when the mac reboot, to use the "alt" command to select your windows partition? It might make it work...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.