Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jan 7, 2013, 01:25 PM   #1
Undefeated12
macrumors newbie

iPad Mini Constant iMessage Send Failure

Hi, new ipad mini is great except for trying to use the text messaging. 75% of the time I get the message send failure notice - yes, to fellow iMessage users. I have tried the power button and round button reset several times, turned off iMessage in Settings and turned it back on.... To no avail. I have wifi working, everything else works (email, Internet, etc.). When iMessage actually works is completely random... And most of the time it doesn't work at all...

Also, texts messages sent from my iPhone4s will appear on my mini hours later... Most recently, the messages between my husband and I (sent via iPhone) completely mixed up when they later appeared on the Mini: my messages were in a block and his messages were in a block - rather than a back-and-forth conversation. Never seen that happen before - so any advice? I can't get to the Genius Bar because of sick kids so thought I'd start here.
Thanks.
Undefeated12 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:51 PM   #2
susa
macrumors regular

Had this problem and it turned out to be something too obvious to see at first. I was trying to send iMessages in the Subject Line and this just does not work. Undelivered every time. Noticed after a bit and went to settings and turned off use of the subject line. You don't have to do that of course; I was just irritated at it.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:13 PM   #3
xraydoc
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated12 View Post
Hi, new ipad mini is great except for trying to use the text messaging. 75% of the time I get the message send failure notice - yes, to fellow iMessage users. I have tried the power button and round button reset several times, turned off iMessage in Settings and turned it back on.... To no avail. I have wifi working, everything else works (email, Internet, etc.). When iMessage actually works is completely random... And most of the time it doesn't work at all...

Also, texts messages sent from my iPhone4s will appear on my mini hours later... Most recently, the messages between my husband and I (sent via iPhone) completely mixed up when they later appeared on the Mini: my messages were in a block and his messages were in a block - rather than a back-and-forth conversation. Never seen that happen before - so any advice? I can't get to the Genius Bar because of sick kids so thought I'd start here.
Thanks.
What kind of network is the iPad connected to? Is it the same network that the iPhone is connected to?
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:37 PM   #4
WilliamLondon
macrumors 68000

Is this limited to the iPad? By that I mean, Messages on the iMac has always been a problem (in this exact way) for me. I get an error message quite a lot (and I don't send a lot of messages, so the percentage is quite high), and I click on the icon to resend it, and usually the second time it succeeds. I rarely send from my iPad, I just always thought it was more an issue with the OS X version??
WilliamLondon is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad