Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Jan 7, 2013, 09:12 PM   #1
JB007TLD
macrumors newbie

Mini smart cover not fitting??

I just bought the red Smart Cover from the apple store and I'm a bit disappointed. If you look at the picture I attached you will see that when folded the cover doesn't fold back evenly across the back and it hangs off the edge. Might be a little anal, but its very annoying to me. I think it's the little piece of plastic that connects the magnet to the cover. It's too wide and creates to much of a gap. My dad has a leather Smart Cover for his ipad2 and does not have this problem. Is this how everyone else's is? This along with the fact that it was dirty when I got it home - must have been returned, makes me want to bring it back. Anyone else have similar issues? Or is this just how they are designed? If that's the case, any suggestions for a similar non apple cover, that won't have the issues I described? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	892.6 KB
ID:	388659  
JB007TLD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 09:53 PM   #2
DarkAether
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB007TLD View Post
I just bought the red Smart Cover from the apple store and I'm a bit disappointed. If you look at the picture I attached you will see that when folded the cover doesn't fold back evenly across the back and it hangs off the edge. Might be a little anal, but its very annoying to me. I think it's the little piece of plastic that connects the magnet to the cover. It's too wide and creates to much of a gap. My dad has a leather Smart Cover for his ipad2 and does not have this problem. Is this how everyone else's is? This along with the fact that it was dirty when I got it home - must have been returned, makes me want to bring it back. Anyone else have similar issues? Or is this just how they are designed? If that's the case, any suggestions for a similar non apple cover, that won't have the issues I described? Thanks.
Don't have this problem at all with mine (also the Red one on a black mini).
DarkAether is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:03 PM   #3
jclo
Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB007TLD View Post
Can you adjust it at all? Mine seems to do that naturally as well, but I can shift it a bit into place.
jclo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 12:03 AM   #4
JB007TLD
macrumors newbie

I can wiggle it around a bit, but it naturally wants to go how it is in the picture...
JB007TLD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 12:31 AM   #5
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Mine did that at first too. Anytime I'm not using the iPad, I'll put it behind and let it rest there. Over time it seems to have gotten better.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 12:37 AM   #6
Namtaro
macrumors regular

Mine can bend into that position, but it's like that naturally. I'm sure after using it for a while it'll soften up and line up with the iPad Mini. If you're really @nal about it, you can try exchanging it at the Apple Store.
Namtaro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 05:00 PM   #7
LaymansDomain
macrumors member

It just needs to wear in.
LaymansDomain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 05:03 PM   #8
SnowLeopard2008
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to SnowLeopard2008
My smart cover lines up perfectly naturally. You can exchange it. Also, there is not "little piece of plastic that connects the magnet to the cover". It's all cloth/microfiber minus the magnet inside.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories