Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theuserjohnny

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
Currently I have roughly a 30GB library for music and I have a 30GB iPod so obviously I have run out of space but recently I've heard of this feature...

ScreenShot2013-01-07at113353PM_zpsf4b941fd.png

So when I use this feature only the iPod will have the ACC conversion and my actual library on the computer will stay untouched (my library is AppleLossless)?

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
...my actual library on the computer will stay untouched (my library is AppleLossless)?
It only converts the songs (to the bit rate/AAC) as they are copied to the iPod. It doesn't change your library's codec in anyway and it will stay ALAC.

theuserjohnny

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
It only converts the songs (to the bit rate/AAC) as they are copied to the iPod. It doesn't change your library's codec in anyway and it will stay ALAC.

Okay thanks so much for clarifying that for me! This is great news then!

Smellmet

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2012
Goole, UK
It takes bloody ages though! Took 24 hours to do my then 80GB library. Worth it though as its prolonged the usefulness of my 80GB ipod Classic

AppleDeviceUser

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Canada
Currently I have roughly a 30GB library for music and I have a 30GB iPod so obviously I have run out of space but recently I've heard of this feature...

So when I use this feature only the iPod will have the ACC conversion and my actual library on the computer will stay untouched (my library is AppleLossless)?

I'd just leave them the way they are and buy a 64GB iPod touch 5 :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.